Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, April 25, 2024 07:51 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Import Users into the database
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
mnpolock mnpolock's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Import Users into the database Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 04-05-09 04:47 PM next post first post
Hi I am trying to import users into the auction program from another program that we are leaving. I was able to succesfully import the user. But when I tried to login as that user it gives me an error like that user does not exist.\ \ Is there a setting in another table that I have to modify for importing users?\ \ Thanks,\ \ Tony
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Import Users into the database Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 04-05-09 05:46 PM next post previous post

You have to study the files Register.pm, SQL lib.pm, CreateTables.pm

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 04-12-09 08:35 PM next post previous post
I have went thru the files, and I have added the user to the database, copied the settings for an account that was set correctly, I created an About Me directory and have tried everything else I could see... what am I missing?\ \ I am guessing that there is a file some where? I figured that there would be only a database flag that would have to be set? I know that when the user clicks on a link that is sent it will register them. But is there no way to import users? I have 650+ users that I would like to move over, I have the SQL insert statement prepared so I can add them to the database... but how to I update the record so that they can login ... when I try to login it says Sorry you must have an account to login.\ \ Is there a line number or something that you can point me to that I am missing?\ \ Thanks,\ \ Tony ~ MNpolock
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 04-13-09 02:20 AM next post previous post

Delete all accounts in the system, register only one account and fill all the registration form information, then backup the database to text files from admin->database & sql manager, then in your data/database directory you will find the sql files for Users.sql.txt and Users_Info.sql.pm. You can then modify these files for each user you want to add then load these 2 sql tables Users and Users_Info from admin->database & sql manager.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 05-20-09 09:00 PM next post previous post
Mewsoft,\ \ It would be nice to have you try your recommended solution and tell me if it works for you.\ \ I have tried direct loads to mysql thru correctly formatted mysql insert statments, I have tried your way ... and have formatted the files in accordance with your suggestion. Regardless of how I try and insert new users it simply doesn't want to work. Is there a special key or hidden table or some very good explanation on why the mysql database cannot take a simple insert statment to add users? I even went as far as to format them to go into the pending users table ... thinking perhaps that was the work around and was even willing to have that be it! but alas that fails to work also.\ \ And yes I am a little frustrated ... I cannot understand why it is so complex to import users into this system. If you expect to have auction sites some over I would think this would be documented... I have a hard time believing I am the first.\ \ Anyways, Thank you, you have tried to help. I am using four of your products ... Auctions, Classifieds, Boards and search ... perhaps that is the problem as I have too many points to the database ... but even when I extract it fully I see nothing that would lead me in that direction.\ \ Thanks,\ \ Tony
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 05-21-09 11:05 AM last post previous post

You have the full open source code of the products so basically nothing hidden or encrypted but it is well known no company supports customer custom programming, you either have the experiance to do it on your own or have someone todo it for you or hire us to do it for you.

As a last note for this issue, try also to check the migration tool that was released on our site, see our announcements forum for where to find it, it has code to do this.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print