Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Friday, April 26, 2024 10:19 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > installation problems please help
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
baris baris's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

installation problems please help Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 10-30-08 02:28 AM next post first post
hello everybody\ I have got a problem with installation\ I used auto installer and ftp\ installation works i do not get any error\ but there is nothing after installation\ I get a blank page for index and for cgi-bin I get this error\ Internal Server Error\ The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.\ Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@asgarisiz.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.\ \ More information about this error may be available in the server error log.\ \ \ Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. \ \ \ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------\ \ Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.asgarisiz.com Port 80\ \ I send an e mail to the hosting company their reply was\ \ First of all - plese, note that this auction script is written for the Windows enviroment based mashine. \ \ Please, modify the permission of the files in the /cgi-bin folder to 755. \ \ You will need to create MySQL database and user from the CPanel, MySQL Databases, then you will need to assing the user to the newly created database. \ \ For MySQL hostname use "localhost" without quotes\ \ Please help what does modify the permission of the files in the /cgi-bin folder to 755 mean\ thank you all
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: installation problems please help Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 10-30-08 02:43 AM last post previous post

The software works on any server any operating server, so this is not the issue. The issue is you need to use your FTP program to set the files permissions to executables 755, this assuming you used the auto installer correct.

You can see also the online installation help in the documentation for steps using FTP installations.

http://www.mewsoft.com/help/auction/installation.html

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print