Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, March 28, 2024 10:35 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Instructions to creating New Pages
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
blkcloud blkcloud's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Instructions to creating New Pages Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 04-02-10 01:02 PM next post first post
I'm new to this software and I've so far spent 3 days trying to put it together. I'm trying to create new custom pages with links to existing pages and I'm still not sure the order to start.\ \ Is there a "README" file or a set of instructions that clearly sets out the steps to create new pages with links and how to use the software in general?\ \ If not can somebody please help?\ \ Thanks
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Instructions to creating New Pages Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 04-03-10 11:41 AM next post previous post
When you create the page, it shows you the files created and the class you can use to generate the link to that page.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Instructions to creating New Pages Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 04-03-10 07:01 PM next post previous post
Thanks for that reply - but I'm still confused by the instructions given below. For a start the custom page I created does not have an .ext at the end in the Edit Language File page. \ \ My questions are mixed with the instructions in the capital fonts:\ \ Custom page boys has been created.\ \ Edit the language files boys.page.pm (IN THE LANGUAGE MANAGER MY NEW PAGE HAS NO .EXT AT THE END)from the Language Manager for each language. Also edit the template file boys.page.shtml from the template editor (WHAT FORM OF EDITING DO I SPECIFICALLY NEED TO DO IN THE TEMPLATE EDITOR TO BE ABLE TO CALL THE PAGE UP WITH A LINK?) for each them. To insert a link in your templates for this page, insert the class in your templates. (DO I HAVE TO INDIVIDUALLY INSERT THE CLASS INTO EVERY PAGE IN THE TEMPLATE TO BE ABLE TO CALL IT UP WITH A LINK AND WHERE EXACTLY SHOULD I INSERT THE CLASS?)\ \ Thanks
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 04-04-10 01:43 AM next post previous post
Hi Mewsoft, I'm really struggling with this and getting more & more confused as I muddle through.\ \ Can you create a one page for me that I can use as a live example to do the rest?
raider raider's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http://www.ebasyi.com PM

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 04-04-10 06:43 AM next post previous post

Hi,

You can use any html editor to create your page and then paste it into your html template. The only
non standard stuff is where you use [[ variable ]] to call specific text from your associated language file
ie mypage.page.shtml and associated mypage.page.pm
you would call some_variable value from your .pm by putting in your html template [[some_variable]]

as an example:
page_title = "My Page" in your language file
Putting [[page_title]] in your template will display My page on your web page

To call your page from other pages you can put the in each html template you want the link in or add it to one of the CLASS files to have it appear in all ie Top_Navigation.

Obviously your page html template should refer to any of the classes you need to maintain the look and feel such as header, footer etc etc which are called by .

Ahmed has done a demo custom page in the script already - just look at your html template editor for Test.page.shtml or it may be Mypage.page.shtml I cant remember which. 

Anyways I hope that helps, was just passing through and thought Id offer some help

Developing a UK Auction Site :

Http://www.eBaSyi.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 04-06-10 02:57 AM next post previous post

RAIDER WROTE:...

"ANYWAYS I HOPE THAT HELPS, WAS JUST PASSING THROUGH AND THOUGHT ID OFFER SOME HELP"

I'm really glad you did and appreciate your suggestions, which I followed to the letter, alas with no joy!!!

I'm beginning to think that I may not have installed the software properly although I had reviewed the process & re-installed it again several times. Based on your example I created a page: "Our Services" using the Template Editor/New Custom Page Name box.

The script created the page "Our Services.page.shtml" in the Template Editor and "Our Services" in the Language Manager, but without the .pm extension. (Is that as it should be?) The page "Our Services.page.shtml" in the Template Editor has the following variables:

<TR><TD WIDTH="100%">[[page_title]]</TD></TR>

<TR><TD WIDTH="100%">[[page_body_text]]<BR>

To be able to call the page up on my site, do I replace the variable [[page_title]] with [[Our Services.page.shtml]] or do I leave both variables as they are? - To show the link to the page at the bottom of all my web pages on the site, do I include the following line to the Class Editor page "Bottom_Navigation"?:

<td align="center" class="botnavlnk" nowrap><A href=" <!--CLASS::Page:Our Services-->

">[[our services]]</a> <font color="#465E00" size="2">|</font></td>

Or should it be?:

<td align="center" class="botnavlnk" nowrap><A href=" <!--CLASS::Our Services--> ">[[our_services]]</a> <font color="#465E00" size="2">|</font></td>

I think I had followed your example closely and I have tried all the other examples I found in the forum but nothing seems to be working for me at the moment. I would appreciate your comment on the above.

Thanks

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 04-06-10 05:46 AM next post previous post

Hi Mewsoft, I would really appreciate your help here.

I've had this script a week now and I've yet to get over this first stage.

Thanks

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 04-06-10 08:17 AM next post previous post
Mewsoft, I'm getting a WARNING notice on this forum about "_editor_url" and I'm sure if the message is being sent from you.\ \ I'm not a programmer and therefore not entirely sure where and how to set the _editor_url.\ \ However, my original problem persists -and the way I see it, it'll be a shame to let another day go to waste without getting help to see the nature of the problem I'm having with your software.
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 04-06-10 08:35 AM next post previous post
Hi,\ \ You should call your links using
Code: HTML    Select All    Expand All
!--CLASS::Page:Your_Page_Name --.

Your syntax on calling variables from your language file looks correct. \

Created language files will appear without .pm but their real name is infact something like my_page.page.pm \

Remember the variables you call in links will need to be put in the general language file aswell to be generally available to the script.\

For example\
[[Page_Title]] for My_page.page.shtml will work from My_page.page.pm when your custom page is called but [[Page_Title]] will not work on your index page.\
To add variable produced links use the general.pm language file for the variables.\

\ Lastly I am assuming you have not created your custom page name with any spaces in the name? Use the underscore or something ie my page.page.shtml = wrong must be something like my_page.page.shtml\

\ Only other suggestions are where is ur site page with the not working page and I`ll take a look when I get a sec or can you say what is not working? ie No page, Link doesnt work, page doesnt display properly etc.

cheers

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 9 Posted on: 04-06-10 08:49 AM next post previous post
Hmm not sure that made sense..
The forum keeps messing with the CLASS call for me.
\ your First example of calling the link from your Bottom_Navigation was correct except for \
  • No space in the file name ( Our services.... needs to be created as Our_Services... )\
  • [[our services]] would need to be a variable in your general.pm for the link name, Or dont use a variable if you think the link name will always be the same.

• Developing a UK Auction Site :

Registered Member
    Member Offline

Reply #: 10 Posted on: 04-06-10 08:53 AM next post previous post
    By the way Ahmed - I`m getting the same WARNING error message on load of forum pages.

Blk it probably would be easier for your to provide a link to where your problem is so I can offer any other solutions.

Cheers

Registered Member
    Member Offline

Reply #: 11 Posted on: 04-06-10 09:21 AM next post previous post
    RAIDER: Thanks for the offer.\ \ Should that be link to the admin page?
    Registered Member
    Member Offline

Reply #: 12 Posted on: 04-07-10 05:28 AM next post previous post
    Hi Blk,

\ Nah best to keep your admin area secure. Just start by trying to add the link to your custom page from your Top or Bottom Navs and Ill take a look at the pages, then once we got the page being called we can look at any issues from there.

Just try add the links to your custom pages and then post the url to whatever page you are trying to display the links on.

cheers

Registered Member
    Member Offline

Reply #: 13 Posted on: 04-07-10 05:28 AM next post previous post
    Hi Blk,

\ Nah best to keep your admin area secure. Just start by trying to add the link to your custom page from your Top or Bottom Navs and Ill take a look at the pages, then once we got the page being called we can look at any issues from there.

Just try add the links to your custom pages and then post the url to whatever page you are trying to display the links on.

cheers

mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
    Administrator Team Member
    Member Offline
    View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 14 Posted on: 04-07-10 01:54 PM next post previous post
    When you need to post an html code here, switch to the normal text editor and do not use the visual html post editor.

Mewsoft Support
    www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
    Member Offline

Reply #: 15 Posted on: 04-08-10 03:28 AM next post previous post

Hi Raider – thanks for taking a look.

I created the following page OurServices and the template named it: “OurServices.page.shtml”

<!--CLASS::Header-->
    <DIV ALIGN="center"><CENTER>
    <TABLE BORDER="0" WIDTH="100%" CELLPADDING="0" BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" CELLSPACING="0">
    <TR><TD ALIGN="center" WIDTH="100%">
    <!--CLASS::Top_Navigation-->
    <!--CLASS::Top_Area-->
    <!--CLASS::Welcome_Area-->
    <!-------------------------------------------------->
    <TABLE BORDER="0" ALIGN="center" VALIGN="middle" WIDTH="600" CELLSPACING="1" CELLPADDING="4">
      <TR><TD WIDTH="100%">[[page_title]]</TD></TR>
      <TR><TD WIDTH="100%">[[page_body_text]]<BR>
     <B>How to edit these custom files</B><BR>
     Edit the language files <B>OurServices.page.pm</B> from the Language Manager. Also edit the template file <B>OurServices.page.shtml</B> from the template editor for each them.<BR>
     </TD></TR>
    </TABLE>
    <!-------------------------------------------------->
    <BR>
    <!--CLASS::Bottom_Navigation-->
    <!--CLASS::Bottom-->
    </TD></TR>
    </TABLE>
    </CENTER></DIV>
    <!--CLASS::Footer-->

This page “OurServices” was created by the template in the Language Manager with the varible names “page_body_text”  and “page_title”

I inserted in the “Bottom_Navigation” page in the Class Editor the following link …..

<td align="center" class="botnavlnk" nowrap><A href="<!--CLASS::Page:OurServices-->">[[ourservices]]</a> <font color="#465E00" size="2">|</td>

…… in the hope that it would create a link “Our Services” at the bottom of every page, which can be used to call up the page from the website:

I know I’ve probably got confused over time and made a simple and obvious mistake, but I really appreciate your help with this.
    Thanks

Registered Member
    Member Offline

Reply #: 16 Posted on: 04-08-10 11:50 AM next post previous post
    Hi Blk,
    \ The syntax for your page is correct and should display fine.

\ The format of your link to put in any of your Top, bottom classes is correct
    \ Have you remembered to create variable "ourservices" in your General.pm language file ?
    To see if this is the problem replace [[ourservices]] in your link with just text Our Services to see if your link displays on the pages you want it too, if it does then you most likely need to check the variable is definately in your general language file and remember to use the correct case.
    Currently if [[ourservices]] is not a variable in your general.pm your link will not display as the
    Code: HTML    Select All    Expand All
    <a href 

will be blank

\ In all cases remember the variables used in any language file other than General are specific to the associated Html file - Any variables in the General language file are pretty universal.

Registered Member
    Member Offline

Reply #: 17 Posted on: 04-09-10 01:11 AM last post previous post

Thanks, Raider - It works!!!

Don't know what I would have done without your help!!!

Cheers

Page 1 of 1
    Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
    Jump to:  
    Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print