Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Monday, April 29, 2024 10:57 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Interested, but have a few questions...
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
urban_fusion urban_fusion's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Interested, but have a few questions... Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 04-20-08 08:20 PM next post first post
Hey, been researching this auction product and it looks great! Price is perfect, features are heavy and the issues raised by users even here in the forum seem minimal. I do have a few questions though...

1. I have pre-developed an interface design I would like to use with this product. How "easy" will it be for a developer such as myself to "re-arange" the code to work with my design? (I guess thats a relative question)

2. Is it easy/possible to impliment "TAX" on transactions? I have not read of this perticular issue as of yet. And from a business standpoint could be very important. There are different tax laws everywhere but from my understanding you only have to apply tax to transactions based in your local state/province.

3. Are there any patents people should be aware of when opening an "Auction" site? I know eBay is currently being sued by MercExchange for patent infringement... and I want no part of that! haha. Would this only be appilicable to the USA? or international as well? (Guessing Mewsoft might not know the answer to that. But I've asked anyways.)

4. Is it possible to limit payment options to ONLY PayPal? Now that they dont require customers to fill out lengthly member forms and accept basically all forms of payments, I don't feel like bothering to get merchant accounts set up with banks to accept creditcards myself (and pay huge fees in the process) it would be very easy just to make members pay through PayPal.

Anways, I thank you all in advance for your feedback and look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks!
urban_fusion urban_fusion's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Re: Interested, but have a few questions... Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 04-21-08 03:55 AM next post previous post
Also...

5. Is it possible, without too much effort, to change the width of the site from 100% width as it is now to, lets say, industry std 760px?

Thanks!
Anonymous Anonymous's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 04-21-08 04:05 AM next post previous post
edited
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 04-21-08 09:16 AM last post previous post

Also...

5. Is it possible, without too much effort, to change the width of the site from 100% width as it is now to, lets say, industry std 760px?

Thanks!

Hello sir,

Please have a look at the admin demo, under the Layout, you can see the template editor and general classes etc, the program uses pure html templates therefore you can customize the program output like any html page you edit with Fontpage or any html editor. See in the general classes the classes Header, Top_Nav, Top Area. Of course you can customize every single template alone or use our builtin classes that you can use in all templates or some of them to save time and make it easy to customize.

Thank you

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print