Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, March 28, 2024 12:12 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Language Manager Error
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
amateur amateur's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Language Manager Error Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 04-16-10 12:57 PM next post first post
Suddenly som of the pm files in the Language manager won't let me save changes, which has not be a problem before. I get the following error:\ \ Forbidden\ You don't have permission to access /cgi-all/auction/admin.cgi on this server.\ \ Apache Server at www.amatorkunst.dk Port 80\ \ Any Ideas what might be wrong.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Language Manager Error Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 04-16-10 07:04 PM next post previous post
Set the language files permissions to wrtotable try 777 using your FTP program.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Im stuck! Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 04-17-10 02:21 AM next post previous post
I am simply stuck now. I have checked my Files permissions and they are all Read, Write and execute. but there is no where I can change anything to 777 as far as I can see. Tried to find look at your link to your wizard, but I can't open that either. Help, what am I doing wrong.\ \ Mewsoft installed it for me , so I am slight clueless about things like this - eventhough I am getting the hang of it slowly.
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 04-17-10 03:14 PM next post previous post
Since it was working before, then you sure did changes something wrong in either the Configuration or the permissions, If you have not done language changes you can upload the language directory. The other solution is reinstall!!!.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Still stuck Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 4 Posted on: 04-18-10 12:27 AM next post previous post
I think I have tried every thing now - and yes I am quite aware that I have done something quite stupid - that problem is just What?\ \ Can I buy an hours help from Mewsoft to try and help me out with finding the problem?
Registered Member
Member Offline

Language manager error Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 5 Posted on: 04-18-10 03:17 AM next post previous post
I have just realised that I can change and save the Aboutus.pm file, but not any other. Does that give you a clue to what might be wrong? The persmission for the Aboutus.pm and the rest of the language files seems to be the same.\ \ I have also checked with my hosting company, and they have replied they think I have a newline in an URL adress somewhere. I have checked configurations and all URLs there seem to be OK.
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 04-18-10 03:43 AM next post previous post
Send me your FTP info, your admin.cgi info and I'll check it for you. You may be deleted these files from the server or corrupted them by transferring in binary mode or even may be your server crashed for any reason and corrypted these files.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

I have now reinstalled Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 7 Posted on: 04-24-10 11:11 AM next post previous post
Hi again,\ \ I have now reinstalled Auctionawy as you suggested - by the way it looks great! \ I had no trouble installing it, but it did not fix my problem. Everything works perfectly except same problem with some of the language manager files - like General and Sell. Error is still the same:"Forbidden You don't have permission to access /cgi-all/auction/admin.cgi on this server." \ Apache Server at www.amatorkunst.dk Port 80\ \ I have tried to set permissions to 777, which crashes the site and gives the following error: "Internal Server Error\ The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.\ \ Please contact the server administrator, mille.torben@syddjurs.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.\ \ More information about this error may be available in the server error log."\ \ ---------------------------------------------------------------\ \ Apache Server at www.amatorkunst.dk Port 80\ \ I am a very stubbon person so I don't give up easily, but this problem is really annoying me.\ \ Please - ANY ideas what might be wrong? What should my next move be?
Member Offline

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 04-24-10 01:02 PM next post previous post

You are totally correct, I just tried your admin and it worked on some files and did not work on the some others randomly, this is totally server problems issues nothing to do with the software, the error says :

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /cgi-all/auction/admin.cgi on this server.

Only on some files randomly. My guess is either this server is very busy or have some problems, may be have lots of websites and heavy sites on it.

I'd recommend you do not waste any more time on this server and switch to another good hosting company, a business hosting not a personal websites hosting. You may check if you want our hosting partner we will install the software free if you switch to them.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Problem now solved - Thankyou Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 9 Posted on: 04-25-10 01:21 AM last post previous post
Hi,\ \ Twisted the arm of my hosting company and they finally figured out that their firewall was blocking for some files. Problem is now solved. Thank you for your help!
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print