Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Wednesday, April 24, 2024 03:47 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Mail server problem Help pls!!
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
enetics enetics's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Mail server problem Help pls!! Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 05-30-10 01:20 PM next post first post
My site is currently running on a windows server, everything works only we can not configure the mail server. We know that the path to the mailserver is hosting.modforums.org but we still get an error after registration that the program could not connect to the smtp server.\ \ What can we do to solve this problem?\ \ Any help welcome!!
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Mail server problem Help pls!! Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 05-30-10 01:46 PM next post previous post

Have you set:

Mail Tool Type:

to SMTP server

and the Mail Program or SMTP Server:

to hosting.modforums.org

assuming your mail server is hosting.modforums.org  as you said?

If setup the above and it does not work then yur mail server is not working or enabled, you can ask the hosting company on that issue.

It is very recommended to switch to LINUX server for these reasons:

*)-You will be able to automate the auctions processing using the Linux crontab tool and our Automation settings in your admin->auctions manager. This tool is not availabel on  Windows servers.

*)-Linux server is much faster than Windows server because they are designed to be servers not heavy like Windows servers.

*)-Linux servers very easy to manage files on your site like changing files permissions using any FTP program or scripts. Not available on Windows servers.

*)-Windows servers do not have those much number of tools and software available for Lunix (*Unix like Linux, BSD, FreeBSD, Solaries, etc).

Therefore I'd recommend you to switch to Linux server (check our hosting partner).

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

the_white_eagle the_white_eagle's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 05-30-10 02:48 PM next post previous post
hey\ \ I'm the hoster of e-netics\ \ I tell you why we don't use a linux server\ \ I rent first of all the server\ second of all the server is faster then everyone thinks\ third linux isn't capable to work for me like win 2K3 does\ fourth it isn't remotable to acces like win 2k3 is\ \ \ question\ that tool what kind of thing is it
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 05-30-10 03:26 PM last post previous post

This explains what your server does, seems like personal server to me. Anyway, I am telling our customer what we know, if you do not know what te crontab is then you need to explain. The customer has to decide on his own whathe needs but we have to advice him what should be and what is the best from our experiance. Again, all I said about Linux is true compared to Windows.

This topic will be closed.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print