Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, April 25, 2024 08:53 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Modifying forms
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
mightypat mightypat's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Modifying forms Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 06-04-11 12:28 AM next post first post
Ahmed,\ \ I searched this forum, but couldn't find the answer to my question. How do I modify the forms and delete some fields(for example, the "sell" page). It seems when I delete a field, it gives me an error. What is the best way to delete some unnecessary fields. I am looking to shorten my "sell" form. Obviously, I don't want the deleted fields to show up on the "previewitem", "edititem" and "viewitem" pages, either.\ \ Thanks,\ \ mightypat
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Modifying forms Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 06-04-11 07:52 AM next post previous post
There are some fields that you can not remove like the category, title, description, prices, address, most others you can remove. Any field you remove gives you error you can not disable it.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

mightypat mightypat's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 06-05-11 03:04 AM next post previous post
Ahmed,\ \ Thanks for your reply. Just one more question on this subject. I tried to remove several fields. However, when I load the sell page, it says "Done, but with errors on page" on the bottom of my browser. When I click on the error message, it shows: \ Line: 678\ Char: 2\ Error: 'Document.Add_Item_Form.ShipInsurance.selectedIndex' is null or not an object\ Code: 0\ \ Does that mean that I cannot remove the "shipping insurance" field, but the remaining fields I removed were fine?\ \ Thanks,\ \ mightypat
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 06-05-11 09:32 AM last post previous post
You need to check the JS code in the template that may be connected to any field you remove and edit it or disable it.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print