Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Saturday, April 20, 2024 10:36 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > MY FORMER POST
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
blkcloud blkcloud's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

MY FORMER POST Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 05-04-10 03:10 AM next post first post
Not sure how or indeed why, but my earlier post has disappeared.\ \ I just want to know if its possible to design a category specific format using the Custom Fields, and not include any of the general fields that currently appear on the format.\ \ Can the “general fields” on “category specific formats” be deleted or even disabled – if so where in the script can this be done?\ \ I’d be grateful if anyone at all can help\ \ Thanks
Registered Member
Member Offline

Re: MY FORMER POST Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 05-05-10 02:28 AM next post previous post
I didn’t want to do this out of principal, because I wanted to learn and be proficient with the script - to at least do something’s ourselves. Due to time pressure and simply because there isn’t much help on the forum (it could be we’re looking in all the wrong places) on what we’re trying to do – I’m happy to consider paying to get the job done.\ \ If anyone at support centre can get in touch and give us an indication to cost, we’d appreciate it.\ \ Cheers
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 05-06-10 09:38 AM next post previous post
The general format will be used for all categories, if you do not want it to display with some categories, then simply delete it, and create anyother formal call it for example MyGeneral and apply tis format to the categories you want.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 05-06-10 01:35 PM next post previous post
Thanks for the reply. \ \ For us at the moment, if it's not one thing it's another.\ \ Managed to delete the Custom Field Formats we created but would get an Internal Error Message whilst attempting to delete the "General".\ \ Checked my server error message which reads the following:\ \ File does not exist: /public_html/500.shtml\ \ Premature end of script headers: /public_html/cgi-bin/auction/admin.cgi
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 05-06-10 06:23 PM next post previous post
Don’t mean to be a pain – but I need to get this just right. \ \ We managed to delete all the formats in the Custom Fields Manager, including the General, but it made no difference to the outcome. \ \ This is a copy of our newly designed category specific Sell page – with the exception of a few fields we added it’s an exact copy of the script’s default Sell Page. \ \ We’d like to re-design it, keeping the UPLOAD FILES and DESCRIPTION HTMLEDITOR fields, and have a totally unique category specific Sell page that would enable us to collate the exact information we want for a specific category listing
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 05-06-10 11:07 PM next post previous post

You can simpli also disable fileds without deleting the format, click on each field and uncheck the button:

Active:

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 05-07-10 02:37 AM next post previous post
Yes, we did that.\ \ STEP1 (Custom Field Manager:Fig1).\ \ 1) Deleted all formats including “General” and “Computer”\ 2)Created a new format and named it “MyGeneral”\ 3) Deactivated all field buttons from Ads1 – Ads20 except for Ads5 (we changed to “Yes-No” buttons) “General Radio Button” which is shaded in (Fig.3).\ \ \ STEP2 (Category Manager:Fig2.)\ \ 1) Created a new category-specific format and named it “MyGeneral”\ 2) Pointed the Custom Fields Format: to “MyGeneral”\ 3) Saved changes\ \ Except for the field we created “General Radio Button”, the result remains the same. We expected all the other fields gone (Quantity, Length of Auction, Currency, Listing Type, Starting Bid etc.).\ \ Please show us where we had gone wrong.\ \ Cheers
Member Offline

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 05-07-10 10:54 AM next post previous post

Now you cleared what you want from this:

"Except for the field we created “General Radio Button”, the result remains the same. We expected all the other fields gone (Quantity, Length of Auction, Currency, Listing Type, Starting Bid etc.)."

You are completely wrong. Custom fields does not change anything in the default auction system, all default fields will not be removed or disabled, simply this is an auction system, for example you can not remove the price field or the auction type or the item location, all fields required by default for an auction can not be removed. Custom fields are meant to gather information about specific items for example you can create a Computer category and gather info about Item condition (New, used, refer...), product manfacuterer (IBM, Segate, etc), etc.

Of course if you have to remove a requiered filed you can replace it by hiiden form field with fixed information, for example to hide the price field you can use a hidden form like:

< input type = hidden name="price" value ="10" >

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 05-07-10 05:31 PM next post previous post
\ \ \ \ \
 \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
mewsoft's Wrote:

Of course if you have to remove a requiered filed you can replace it by hiiden form field with fixed information, for example to hide the price field you can use a hidden form like:

< input type = hidden name="price" value ="10" >

\
\ Thanks, that's clear. \ \ But it occurs to me also that applying the example you showed in the "ViewItem.pm" may also effect my default Sell page.\ \ Is there a particular page where these changes should be made to take effect in just my category-specific Sell page only?\ \ Is the format you used (< input type = hidden name="price" value ="10" >) the same for all fields that I wish to change?\ \ Cheers
Member Offline

Reply #: 9 Posted on: 05-07-10 09:55 PM next post previous post
On the Preview item and View item pages, you can simply remove any fields you do not want because no data is checked, it is just used to display info. for the user.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

amateur amateur's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Quantity Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 10 Posted on: 05-08-10 03:47 AM next post previous post
Hi Mewsoft,\ \ I am trying to do something similar to BLKCloud. So your answer helped me as well. But I am stuck on Quantity. There will never be more than one item per auction in my set up. I therefore want to set quantity allway to 1 and hide the field. I have tried what you describe above and it works for the other fields - just no Quantity. How can i make that work?
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 11 Posted on: 05-08-10 08:30 AM next post previous post
\ \ \ \ \
 \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
amateur's Wrote:
 Hi Mewsoft,\ \ I am trying to do something similar to BLKCloud. So your answer helped me as well.
\
\ Amateur\ Were you able to delete the fields you didn't want in your Category-Specific Formats without affecting your default Sell page?\ \ My experience is that once e a field or a variable is deleted in the ViewItem.pm page it automatically deletes that same field in both my category-specific Sell page and default Sell page too.\ \ I want to keep my default Sell page intact and simply have the option to delete fields I don't want in my category-specific Sell page.
Member Offline

Reply #: 12 Posted on: 05-09-10 02:18 PM next post previous post

amateur's Wrote:
 Hi Mewsoft, I am trying to do something similar to BLKCloud. So your answer helped me as well. But I am stuck on Quantity. There will never be more than one item per auction in my set up. I therefore want to set quantity allway to 1 and hide the field. I have tried what you describe above and it works for the other fields - just no Quantity. How can i make that work?
This is simple, you can do it as I said above by using a hidden Quantity field or in the category manager, set the category "Domain" option (checkbox) which will hide the quantity field.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Category manager - Quantity field Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 13 Posted on: 05-10-10 03:46 AM next post previous post
Hi Mewsoft, I might be misunderstanding something, because I cannot find any checkboxes under the Category manager called category "Domain" - did you mean something different? Can you expain it a bit more detailed - sorry to be a pain.
Member Offline

Reply #: 14 Posted on: 05-10-10 08:20 AM next post previous post

Just use a hidden form as before like this:

< input type = hidden name="Quantity" value ="1" >

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Category manager - Quantity field Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 15 Posted on: 05-10-10 09:00 AM last post previous post
Hi Mewsoft, I might be misunderstanding something, because I cannot find any checkboxes under the Category manager called category "Domain" - did you mean something different? Can you expain it a bit more detailed - sorry to be a pain.
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Unlock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print