Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Friday, May 03, 2024 12:10 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Need Info About New Auctionawy Program
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
lindap lindap's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Linda Payne Sales Send private message

Need Info About New Auctionawy Program Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 04-07-08 11:16 PM next post first post
Hello Ahmed,

You just got your auction loaded for me, but I cannot get my logo to show up in the MY LOGO area, the Register, My Account and Sell pages are not being found when clicked on. They don't appear to be in the system.

I also would like to change out the 2002 on the Copyright date on bottom of pages, but can't find out where.

I am also unsure about what server to use for emails being received. SMTP?? Unix? I use yahoo.com for all my emails, as I haven't been able to set up any mail accounts with my domain name yet as I have a temporary address right now.

Will wait to hear back from you. Thanks!

Linda
lindapayneautographs.com
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Need Info About New Auctionawy Program Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 04-08-08 10:45 AM last post previous post

Hello Ahmed,

You just got your auction loaded for me, but I cannot get my logo to show up in the MY LOGO area, the Register, My Account and Sell pages are not being found when clicked on. They don't appear to be in the system.

I also would like to change out the 2002 on the Copyright date on bottom of pages, but can't find out where.

I am also unsure about what server to use for emails being received. SMTP?? Unix? I use yahoo.com for all my emails, as I haven't been able to set up any mail accounts with my domain name yet as I have a temporary address right now.

Will wait to hear back from you. Thanks!

Linda
lindapayneautographs.com

I double checked your site and all links works fine and the installation was done in full.

As for the logo or customization, you will know it but of course it will take some time until you be very familiar with everything in the software.

The logo you can change the image file name in the class Top_Area inthe admin->General Classess, change the text auctionlogo.jpg to your logo filename.

As for any text you want to change or edit or add is from your Language Manager in your admin, also you can search for the text you want exactly.

As for the mail program I see in your testserver.cgi you have sendmail:

/usr/sbin/sendmail
/usr/lib/sendmail

so you can use it of if you have SMTP you can use it.

I see your email is working as I registered the user mewsoft and received the activation email:

Dear mewsoft mewsoft, Thank you for pre registering for new account. You are almost done. Your confirmation code is 5AV6YRLE. Please confirm your email and activate your registration by clicking on the link below or copy the whole link and past into your browser:
http://209.123.8.98/~lindap/cgi-bin/auction/MyAccount.cgi?action=ConfirmRegistration&Email=info@mewsoft.com&Code=5AV6YRLE
Please note, we will keep your information for few days only and will be deleted if you did not confirmation your registration.
Thank you.

This tells now your site is well installed and configured.

Take care.

Thank you

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print