Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, April 18, 2024 08:26 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Searchawy > New Listings don't build and how does Feature++ work
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
corey corey's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http://www.lcbusinessmagazine.com Send private message

New Listings don't build and how does Feature++ work Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 08-14-10 11:39 AM next post first post
Sorry, all I have just a few more questions. I can't seem to find how to implement the Feature and Feature++ works. It sounds like be clicking either under a listing they will be featured, but where? And how do I activate it, because nothing really seems to happen when I click it.

Also is it possible to have listings in sub-categories show up in the main category? Or can I make the featured listings in subcategories show up in the main listing? Otherwise all my main categories will look empty.

And lastly, when I look at my "New" listings inside the search engine pages they show up. But after building the static listings and making sure the "New" pages were built they are empty. What do you think I have wrong here?

Thanks,
Corey
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: New Listings don't build and how does Feature++ work Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 08-15-10 05:25 AM next post previous post
The Featured and Featured++ are just reserved for future use, they actually ignored by used the "RANK" option in the edit listings from the admin which can force listings to override bidding system for some thing like Sponsers etc. As for the new page, make sure to refresh the browser after you rebuilt.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

corey corey's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http://www.lcbusinessmagazine.com Send private message

Re: New Listings don't build and how does Feature++ work Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 08-15-10 09:38 PM next post previous post
Yeah I tried the refresh page, even forced it the CTRL, but the page is empty their not getting there. Could it be another path statement that I have wrong?

And how could I use sites maked with Feature or Feature++? To me it would be great if those sites we able to be shown in the main category page, even if they are listed in subcategories. Like a benefit for being featured, or a spotlight so to speak.

And what's this about sponsors, is there a sponsor system? Or was that just an example?

Thanks,
Corey
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 08-15-10 10:22 PM last post previous post
Make sure your set the option "New Pages Directory:" in the Setup Build Directory Options page and post here the result of bulding the directory if possible or at least the part about the new pages.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print