Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Monday, April 29, 2024 02:45 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > NEW VERSION 8.0 installation problems
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
nibb nibb's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

NEW VERSION 8.0 installation problems Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 09-23-08 04:33 AM next post first post
I downloaded the new version, i want to upgrade my site. Since the old script is installed on the auction folder i installed this under a folder called sys. When i run acution.cgi for installation i get a 500 error. I did the same procedures as the old script wich was working on the first install. 3 times now i have problems installing the new version. On the command line i get this error, please help out.\ \ Can't locate Configuration.pm in @INC (@INC contains: . . . /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 .) at ./auction.cgi line 102.\ BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./auction.cgi line 102.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: NEW VERSION 8.0 installation problems Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 09-23-08 04:10 PM next post previous post
May be your installation not complete. Transfer all the directory structure and set the permissions. Make sure to transfer all cgi files and templates and languages in ASCII mode.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 09-24-08 12:22 AM next post previous post
Im sure everything is transfered correctly since i configured my FTP software to work as auto, and i added all ascii extensions before, i also did the old auction install with the auto transfer, all ascii are preset by me. Im sure i also transfered all files and directories. The only thing i did not do is to install it on a folder called auction could this be maybe?
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 09-25-08 01:00 AM next post previous post
PLEASE Elsheshtawy\ Help me out here, i want to do changes on my site, but its useless if i do it now since on the old version, please help me out so i can install the new version and get back to my live.\ frown
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 09-25-08 03:53 AM next post previous post
It seems the admin.cgi from the new version is a lot smaller than the old one, are you sure there is not missing any data? Or that the version wich is on my account for download is not corrupted?\ I cannot understand why the old one works on the first install and the new one doesnt.
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 09-25-08 09:02 PM next post previous post

Unless you post a specific problem we can not do much help, if you just say, I get error, then what can we do, you always saying it does not work, what does not work.

Use our Auto installer, it will do all the job for you and you will be sure that all files transferred in right mode and they are not corrupted or else. The other way if you realy can not install it, you can order our installation service.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 09-26-08 04:51 AM next post previous post
But i did on this same post, above.\ I should run admin.cgi to continue installation, where from browser i get 500 error. And from command line:\ Can't locate Configuration.pm in @INC (@INC contains: . . . /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 .) at ./auction.cgi line 102.\ BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./auction.cgi line 102.\ \ \ So there you can see, it tries to get config.pm (im linux should not get config.cgi instead????) but it doenst find it. I have Red Hat ES 2.0\ \ Where is the autoinstaller anyway?
wannauseit wannauseit's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 09-26-08 05:01 AM next post previous post
Check the file permissions on Configuration.pm\ \ That's my guess.\ \ Make sure it's 755 or above.
Member Offline

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 09-26-08 05:44 AM next post previous post

Are you saying you do not know what "Auto Installer" is?.

check this:

http://www.mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/installer/installer.cgi

This will install the software for you in seconds using your license.

It may be the User, Group permissions on the file, if you are unzipping from the root or telnet or consol window, your permissions on file as a user will be the root not as the domain owner, make sure the User/Group for the files is the same as your domain, means the same as your old auction files. If you do not know what is this, you can see it in your FTP or using the command like "ls -l" from Telnet or consol

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 9 Posted on: 09-26-08 11:59 PM next post previous post
Well, yes it is 755 chmod, both config.pm y config.cgi\ \ Could be a license issue? I did not see on the install where to put the license. I did exactly the same steps as on the old install, its so weard, i cannot understand why it doesnt work. Also why does it try to get config.pm its suppose to get config.cgi.
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 10 Posted on: 09-27-08 12:28 AM next post previous post
The file the error above is referencing is Configuration.pm\ \ There is no config.pm or config.cgi in Auctionawy 8.0
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 11 Posted on: 09-27-08 04:29 AM next post previous post
What? Yes it is, i downloaded the version of the web and there is\ configuration.pm and config.cgi
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 12 Posted on: 09-27-08 04:39 AM next post previous post
WHAT? You downloaded a version of the web?\ \ There has not been a "config.cgi" as long as I've been around here. Nor a "config.pm"\ \ Okay then.....Good luck
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 13 Posted on: 09-27-08 07:42 AM next post previous post
Yes there is, its on my old version too, and yes I download from the web www.mewsoft.com from my account with a valid license.\ Here is the top of the code:\ #!/usr/bin/perl\ #!C:\perl\bin\perl.exe\ =Copyright Infomation\ ==========================================================\ Program Name : Mewsoft NetAuction\ Program Version : 6.00\ Program Author : Elsheshtawy, A. A.\ Home Page : http://www.mewsoft.com\ Copyrights © 2001-2004 Mewsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.\ ==========================================================\ =cut\ #==========================================================\ $| = 1;\ print "Content-type: text/html ";\ use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser); \ #==========================================================\ BEGIN { \ undef %Param;\ undef %Global;\ undef @User_Fields;\ undef @Links_Fields;\ undef @Category_Fields;\ undef %Cookies;\ undef %License_Keys;\ }\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ On all files it says 6.0 so maybe Mewsoft did not updated the link on my account for the 8.0 version so i just downloaded the old version. So yes there is config.cgi on both version wich i one, the old one is actually working with the config.cgi installed, so i dont now wich is my problem i really think the software on my account is not the new version and is corrupted someway because i cant make it work no matter what i try, and i have installed hundreds of scripts so i dont think is a transfer or chmod problem. Ah almost forgot the auctoinstalled doesnt work, it just installs the HTML directory and not the cgis.
Member Offline

Reply #: 14 Posted on: 09-27-08 11:14 AM next post previous post

If the file that you download from your "My Account" on our site is netauction.zip, then this is the old 6.xx version and you need to buy the v8.0 upgrade if you want. If the file is auctionawy.zip, then this is the latest version of auctionawy.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 15 Posted on: 09-27-08 08:24 PM next post previous post
No, im downloading auctionawy.zip so its the new version. Since i received an email also that said i would receive the upgrade,since it was released only days after i bought netauction. I installed netauction and 15 days later auctionawy was released,until now i was using netauction but i need to upgrade to auctionawy since on netauction 2checkout and other payment system dont work. And of course i want auctionaway becasue it has some new features on it and bug corrections. But all this is not the point, the point is cant make it work, im really out if options, i cannot find out why it doesnt read configuration.pm, chmod is 755, user is ok, ascii transfer, what else could it be? Perl path i did not change since there alreat set it works for my path.
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 16 Posted on: 10-05-08 12:51 AM last post previous post
Well i surender, there is no way the new version works on my server, i guess it doesnt work with the new perl 5.8.x\ \ It keeps asking the configuration.pm wich i dont why the hell it asks, its all fine, there is no way i did something wrong like permissions becasue i installed this 40 times now, and all with the same results. Well i dont have any more choice then to move to another script or system... pretty bad i was using this this for less then 2 months and now i have to change, i cannot wait anymore to fix the bugs the old version has so i have no choice. If anybody has some related problems like me sometime please post, i would be nice to now what was wrong becasue i not even techs i hired could found the error, weard thing is the old version works on this new server, so i guess its a major bug on the new auctionawy since my server has a decent configuration.
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print