New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
martin martin's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Canary Island Auctions PM

Paypal problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 05-23-10 03:14 PM next post first post
I have set up a paypal account. \ Verified it.\ Filled in details in billing system setup, email account, username etc.\ \ When payments are made via paypal, the money is being transferred to my paypal account and an email sent to my paypal@ address.\ \ The site is not adding the relevant funds to the balance in the account and when I check paypal payments in money manager it says nothing has been received.\ \ Does anyone know how to get the system to read the payments from paypal? and automaticaly update the users account?
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Paypal problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 05-23-10 06:20 PM next post previous post

Use "Paypal DoDirectPayment Settings"  for automated payments approval by the system.

To use the email system (which is no longer supported) you should not check the email account by any email client.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

egravity egravity's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 05-24-10 12:51 AM next post previous post
I FINALLY got this working successfully for any of you out there trying to implement "DoDirectPayment".\ \ Here is a quick rundown of how I got it working:\ \ I created a DoDirectPayment username, password, and signature. I did this by signing into Paypal and navigating to Profile | API Access | Request API Credentials, etc...\ \ On my auction website's Billing Manager | Paypal Setup.\ \ "Paypal email account is under:" (put my paypal sign-on name. i.e. mybusinesspaypal@mysite.com)\ "Email account username:" (must be blank)\ "Email account password:" (must be blank)\ "Email account hostname:" (must be blank)\ "Email account AUTH_MODE:" (left alone)\ \ Use the username, password, and signature provided from Paypal in the DoDirectPayment's username, password, and signature.\ \ NOTE: When I had data typed where it reads (must be blank), the old e-mail system tried to work and DoDirectPayment did not. Once I blanked out these fields, DoDirectPayment worked.\ \ I make no claim to understand the underlying architecture, but these are the results I saw from my testing.\ \ Good luck!!\ adam
Registered Member
Member Offline

Paypal Problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 05-24-10 05:52 AM next post previous post
Thanks for your help.\ \ Have done all that. Entered username, password and signature in DoDirectPaymant. Left Paypal Account setup empty except the paypal email account.\ \ Still not crediting user accounts.\ Any ideas?
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 05-24-10 08:23 AM next post previous post

Make sure these cgi files ave executables permissions 755 or installed correct:

PaypalNotify.cgi
PaypalSuccess.cgi

Besides the above settings

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 05-25-10 05:42 AM next post previous post
Make sure these cgi files ave executables permissions 755 or installed correct:\ \ Could you please expand on the above. Have re-uploaded the 2 files and this has added Make Paypal Instant Payment (IPN) to Money Manager but still not adding funds to user accounts.
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 05-28-10 09:18 AM next post previous post
Still having problems with automatic credidting of Paypal payments.\ Have re-uploaded the 2 cgi files above. This has given me 2 options for paypal in Money Manager, Make Paypal Instant Payment (IPN) and Make and check Paypal Email Payments. If I use the first option to make a paypal payment to my site as if I were a customer I am not re-directed back to the auction site and an error page appears. If I use the second option I am re-directed but neither way credits the user account even though I am receiving payments to my Paypal account.\ \ I have put in all relevant information (username, password and signature)in DoDirectPayment, Billing Manager. I am receiving emails from Paypal comfirming payments, these are going to my paypal@mydomain email address which is being read by RoundCube (internal webmail in HostGator)\ \ What can I do to achieve automatic updates to user accounts?\ How can I fix the error with redirecting from Paypal to my site?\ Does anybody have any ideas as I can't seem to work this out?
Member Offline

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 05-28-10 11:35 AM next post previous post
As I answered you before in the deleted repeated topic, Only use the IPN method, the other old email method is no longer supported and will be removed from the software in the next upgrades. The above 2 cgi files must be uploaded in ascii mode, executables 755, edit the first line if required to point to perl like other .cgi files, setup your paypal account, set the info in your billing manager, that's all.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 05-28-10 12:24 PM next post previous post
After making a Paypal payment and selecting the option to return to site the server looks for the following page: and I get INTERNAL SERVER ERROR as below. The files are uploaded correctly, in ascii mode, but I do not understand executables 755?\ \ http://subastascanariasonline.com/cgi-bin/auction/PaypalSuccess.cgi\ \ Internal Server Error\ The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.\ Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@subastascanariasonline.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.\ \ More information about this error may be available in the server error log.\ \ \ Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. \ \ \ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------\ \ Apache/1.3.36 Server at subastascanariasonline.com Port 80
Member Offline

Reply #: 9 Posted on: 05-28-10 07:08 PM next post previous post

Using your FTPprogram, go to this file on your server (and all .cgi files ) select it, right click, select Properties, then check the permissions checkboxes until it sums 755 or check your FTP program onhow to change files Permissions.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

paypal problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 10 Posted on: 05-29-10 03:14 AM last post previous post
Fantastic! all working now after changing permissions 755.\ Thanks Adam and Mewsoft for your help as always!\ Martin...
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print