Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, April 25, 2024 06:13 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Paypal Questions and Problems
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
pm12124 pm12124's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Paypal Questions and Problems Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 11-30-08 05:04 AM next post first post

I'm trying to setup the paypal billing system and I have the following questions:

1.  I paid $2.10 and I have a receipt from paypal to prove it, but when I clicked the check paypal payment from my account, it only said I paid $2.00.  Does this not work with cents?

2.  Is there a way to automate the processing of this, it didn't deposit the money until I clicked the check paypal payment?  I waited for the auction cron job to run and that didn't make a difference.

3.  Where does the e-mail on the aypal@auctionwebsite.com">paypal@auctionwebsite.com account go after it is processed.  I looked at it through webmail and it is gone, is there a way to keep it, like move it to a different folder or forward to a new e-mail address after it is processed?

4.  The paypal help says that once the user submits the payment through the paypal screens they will be provided with a link back to the money manager to check the payment, however the link on the paypal page simply linked me back to the main auction page.

Thanks for any help on answering these questions.
Philip

Registered Member
Member Offline

Re: Paypal Questions and Problems Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 11-30-08 05:36 AM next post previous post

Ok, after doing some investigation it appears that the paypal link back to the website will submit this which I got from viewing the source:

http://www.cedarvalleyauction.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?action=Check_Paypal_Payment&Email=philip@mcsupport.com&Amount=1.20&User_ID=pm12124">

Which isn't correct because the & has been replaced with &, so I suppose that is causing problems.  Any way to fix that?  Also I now see in the code that the e-mail is getting deleted after being processed.  I understand why, but I guess I would still like to keep it around, but I can always view the paypay payment history.  I still don't understand why the amount is leaving off the cents after viewing the code.

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 11-30-08 05:54 AM next post previous post

Ok, I fixed the cents problem.

In the merchant.pm file find the sub "sub Get_Paypal_Payments"

replace the following line:

if ($Temp =~ m/(\d+)/) {

with

if ($Temp =~ m/(\d+\.\d+)/) {

The way the code is currently written it will only find the numbers infront of the decimal point, this fix resolves the problem.  I suggest this should be patched.

mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 11-30-08 06:31 AM next post previous post

pm12124's Wrote:

Ok, I fixed the cents problem.

In the merchant.pm file find the sub "sub Get_Paypal_Payments"

replace the following line:

if ($Temp =~ m/(\d+)/) {

with

if ($Temp =~ m/(\d+\.\d+)/) {

The way the code is currently written it will only find the numbers infront of the decimal point, this fix resolves the problem.  I suggest this should be patched.

Thanks for the info and fix. The above code will find only the decimal amounts but it wil not find the integer amounts.

Here is the fix for the above bug:

Change the code to:

if ($Temp =~ m/(\d+\.?\d*)/) {

about line 503 in the file Merchant.pm, this file will be updated and uploaded to your My Account.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 11-30-08 07:06 AM next post previous post

What about the link problem and how could I automate the process, so I don't have to depend on the user clicking the check payment button?

xnetspider xnetspider's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Big Headic Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 5 Posted on: 10-23-09 11:12 AM next post previous post
Dear sir i got a headic, i make my own server runing windows xp pro with Apache & Acitve Perl, i setup everything, all seem to works fine, i didn't open any Merchant account, but just for test i setup ibill. in Admin section, so after that i tried to check up online master card process, i will sign-up form , enter card information and then click submit, after that it says successfully registration completed, now my question is that i have no merchant acount at ibill nither i setup mail server uptill now , so where all information has submitted to i mean Card number details where it has gone, why it show any error or something ?
chrisang chrisang's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 10-23-09 11:37 AM next post previous post
As for the PayPal patch, does it occur only in pre-10.04 release? I found this same line in my merchant.pm file:\ if ($Temp =~ m/(\d+\.?\d*)/) {
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Big Headic Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 7 Posted on: 10-23-09 12:23 PM last post previous post

xnetspider's Wrote:
 Dear sir i got a headic, i make my own server runing windows xp pro with Apache & Acitve Perl, i setup everything, all seem to works fine, i didn't open any Merchant account, but just for test i setup ibill. in Admin section, so after that i tried to check up online master card process, i will sign-up form , enter card information and then click submit, after that it says successfully registration completed, now my question is that i have no merchant acount at ibill nither i setup mail server uptill now , so where all information has submitted to i mean Card number details where it has gone, why it show any error or something ?
First what's your order information, what's you domain on the order and your email on the order. Please update your email on your forum account and on your My Acocunt using your license.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print