New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
dvinedeb dvinedeb's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Pic upload error Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 08-01-09 04:45 AM next post first post
I have upload the pics and they screen in preveiw auction. They are also in the directory but when I submit auction I get this error message\ Can 't create image : No such file or directory\ Line 389, File C:/hshome/dvinedeb/spiritualendeavours.souldirections.biz/cgi-bin/auction/SellLib.pm\ \ Please help.\ \ Im doing quite well for a novice. \ \ Tell me if i took out the credit card and bank account options would the software fall over in any way\ \ Debs
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Pic upload error Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 08-01-09 05:04 AM next post previous post

You can download and install our GD_Test script from our site, see the Announcements FAQ forum. Also make sure your http directory is set correct and is writable in admin->configuration.

The GD_Test script will tell you if the GD module fully installed and its gdlib, it may be they installed the GD perl module part only but they did not install the system gdlib.so.*

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

pic upload errors Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 08-01-09 04:37 PM next post previous post
Yes the server team is indicating that this software will not work on their server and I will not change to another as I have other viable sites with them. I am happy with your software and service but its not going to be I feel. Im waiting to hear back from the techs now with a final verdict. Shoul it be as they have indicated i will be sorry to but will require the refund that you offered at time of purchase should this occur. This in no way means that I dont like your software or your service it just looks like its not a go for my website. I appreciate the quick response you have given at every turn.\ \ Debs
wannauseit wannauseit's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 08-01-09 05:16 PM next post previous post
Excuse me if I'm wrong with my assumption here.\ \ Should the path not be: C:/hshome/dvinedeb/cgi-bin/auction/SellLib.pm\ \ The "spiritualendeavours.souldirections.biz" are just domain names aren't they? I would not think they should be in the path to "home", even on a Windows server.\ \ I think your paths may not be correct.\ \ Trying to help!
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 08-01-09 08:46 PM next post previous post
No I have multiple sub domains so I think the paths are ok
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 08-01-09 09:13 PM next post previous post
Subdomains "point" to a path on the server. They do not make up the path of the server.\ \ The Mewsoft script uses absolute paths, not subdomain names when using "home path". \ \ That is what I am trying to say.\ \ If your files are stored in C:/home/myaccount/cgi-bin/auction/, then using a subdomain in the "absolute" will cause this error.\ \ Trying to say it this way.\ \ If you use the path from "home" and add a subdomain name in there, it will fail.\ \ Always use the absolute path to the directory where your .PM, .CGI files are installed and let the domain name point to the directory where those files are.\ \ I'm not saying there isn't a problem, I'm only trying to help.
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 08-01-09 09:52 PM next post previous post
Thank you\ I must admit im confused over paths and the include path is something that is confusing me.\ \ The challenge here is getting the server to install the rrquired missing elements such as GD finance and currency. So far I have a half pie verson of GD and have done the test it isnt working. Well it sort of is because the upload files are written and the auctiopn goes through to become active.\ \ I appreciate any help as Im a novice. \ \ I would like to know why the site runs so slowly when adding auctions. It appears to be loading after writing which slows the user up and I can see the users dropping away becaus eof this. \ \ After my first auction close there was no email sent to notify the user.\ \ I registered another user to test the bid part but when trying to log off to log on as the other user the software ignored me and I stayed logged in.\ \ I am very pleased with myself for having done regions and locations. Put in gif files for categories etc.\ I dont mind working through the challenges as they arise im just waiting to see if my server can install GD fully and if they cant thats me done for. \ \ Anyway thank you for you effort s on my behalf I appreciate it\ \ debs
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 08-01-09 10:17 PM next post previous post
Over the path thing:\ \ basically it works like this, and this is what the Mewsoft software needs. No domain names or sub-domains in the absolute path.\ \ If you have the auction software installed in a folder named "auction" in your "www" or "public_html" part of your site, the path woud be C:\hshome\dvinedeb\auctions\cgi-bin\auction\\ \ In Admin>>Configuration, the second entry "CGI Directory" would be that line.\ \ If your images are stored in a directory named "images" from the root of C:\hshome\dvinedeb\images\, then that would be the path to enter in the 3rd line in Admin>>Configuration.\ \ The second and 4th lines would be the "http" path. \ \ Second line being: http://spiritualendeavours.souldirections.biz/cgi-bin/auction/\ \ Fourth line being: http://spiritualendeavours.souldirections.biz/images/\ \ Assuming "aboutme" and "about_me" directories are installed under the "images" folder specified above, the absolute path would be:\ C:\hshome\dvinedeb\images\aboutme\ \ http path: http://spiritualendeavours.souldirections.biz/images/aboutme/\ \ I hope this make sense or helps you out! \ \ As far as the slow loading, I noticed that it loads slowly no matter what process I choose. Looks like the server is a home machine. There are also more Perl modules missing.\ \ I hope you can get it fixed!
Registered Member
Member Offline

Path thng Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 8 Posted on: 08-02-09 01:53 AM last post previous post
Thank you so much I will sort this and have the server team attempting to install all required perl modules now so things r looking up\ \ Debs
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print