Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, April 25, 2024 09:42 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Classifiedawy > Problem on the “Place Ad” page
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
lee lee's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Problem on the “Place Ad” page Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 11-28-10 06:09 PM next post first post
I have a problem on the “Place Ad” page. The countries are not in the drop down menu form as on the register page, but they are all next to it for some reason. Login as user, password user, and place ad at http://stablemarket.com/cgi-bin/classified/classified.cgi  The same is at: http://pennhorse.com/cgi-bin/classified/classified.cgi  same login info:
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Problem on the “Place Ad” page Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 11-29-10 01:55 PM next post previous post
You may be replaced thedrop down menu by text box, just restore the form field or restore the template again.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

lee lee's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Still Looking Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 11-29-10 10:42 PM next post previous post
I’ve restored the template but that did not do anything. (When I click restore nothing happens on any pages) Where do I go exactly to restore the form field or change it to text box? I know where to do it in the custom fields but not in the “country” field. I’ve removed the “contact-country” from the “place ad” language file since I have no use for it, but it is still there with a bigger mess in it then before and the restore button is not doing anything. I also removed the option of placing images side by side from the “place ad” language file, however there is an empty slot in the drop down menu now. I hope this will not cause problems should the empty field be selected accidentally. There has to be a place to edit these forms directly but I cannot find it anywhere.\ Thank you for all your help!\ Lee
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 11-30-10 02:08 AM next post previous post

Go to your template editor, select the PostAd template, open another browser and go to our  admin demo and do the same, then copy the template code from our demo to your's and save.

Basically you did not remove the code from the template and that what displays the country list, just remove it and it to fix what you need.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

lee lee's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

your demo Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 4 Posted on: 11-30-10 10:34 AM next post previous post
I have removed the country field from all the pages (templates, forms) in my pennhorse.com/classifieds since I do not need it, but in the stablemarket.com/classifieds I will need it. I’ve created an account in your demo and went on the place ad page and I see that the countries are also out of the form spread out all over the page. Can this bee fixed? It does not seem to be a template issue, more likely the form issue.\ \ Thank you.\ Lee
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 11-30-10 04:51 PM next post previous post
The demo normally is not updated with every update. Download the latest file from our site "My Account" and update only the template PostAd.html

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

lee lee's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

That worked! Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 6 Posted on: 11-30-10 09:07 PM last post previous post
That fixed the problem.\ Thank you!\ Lee
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread