Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Friday, April 26, 2024 10:08 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > relisting items
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
totalbids totalbids's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http://www.totalbids.co.uk Send private message YIM Messenger: toptech1911 MSN Messenger: jason_yorke@hotmail.com

relisting items Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 03-29-08 10:42 PM next post first post
Hi admin

I have this problem whereas when i manually relist an item it makes 3 copies of the item when relisted.

I have asked this question before but cant seem to find the answer to it now. Could you possibly point me into the right direction with regards to how the item is relisted manually and how it could possibly be making 3 copies of itself when relisted.

This does not happen when it is automatically relisted

Many thanks

Jason
adi_novac adi_novac's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message YIM Messenger: adi_novac

Re: relisting items Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 03-30-08 09:45 AM next post previous post
I don't have this problem but I still have a problem with the Image Thumbnail when I relist an item. The problem appears when I try to relist an item (using the copy menu NOT relist menu - which, by the way, relists the item without ANY confirmation from the seller and I removed it from my site) and I make modifications (delete the old image and upload a new one) to the image uploaded to the auction. The homepage thumbnail and the listing thumbnail appears broken.

The source image for the homepage thumbnail is something "like "http://www.mydomain.com/upload/http:" , so the image on the homepage appears broken.

This doesn't happen everytime but I couldn't find a pattern to this bug.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 03-31-08 09:45 AM next post previous post

Hi admin

I have this problem whereas when i manually relist an item it makes 3 copies of the item when relisted.

I have asked this question before but cant seem to find the answer to it now. Could you possibly point me into the right direction with regards to how the item is relisted manually and how it could possibly be making 3 copies of itself when relisted.

Many thanks

Jason

I think I answered this question before and it is not a bug but see the previous answers anyway

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 03-31-08 09:49 AM next post previous post

I don't have this problem but I still have a problem with the Image Thumbnail when I relist an item. The problem appears when I try to relist an item (using the copy menu NOT relist menu - which, by the way, relists the item without ANY confirmation from the seller and I removed it from my site) and I make modifications (delete the old image and upload a new one) to the image uploaded to the auction. The homepage thumbnail and the listing thumbnail appears broken.

The source image for the homepage thumbnail is something "like "http://www.mydomain.com/upload/http:" , so the image on the homepage appears broken.

This doesn't happen everytime but I couldn't find a pattern to this bug.

Please specify from what link you used the "Copy" link, I mean from the "Sold" link in your account manager or "Not Sold" or "Selling" link.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

totalbids totalbids's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http://www.totalbids.co.uk Send private message YIM Messenger: toptech1911 MSN Messenger: jason_yorke@hotmail.com

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 03-31-08 09:54 AM next post previous post

Hi admin

Many thanks

Jason

I think I answered this question before and it is not a bug but see the previous answers anyway

Actually it is a bug.

What happens is when Google or another robot spiders your web it finds this url.

66.249.65.109 - - [19/Sep/2004:03:50:54 -0500]
"GET /cgi-bin/auction/AccountsSSL.cgi?action=Relist&ID=1093692058&Lang=English
HTTP/1.1" 200 11344 "-" "Mediapartners-Google/2.1"

This then holds a relist against that item. When you go to relist the item if the item has been hit by google it relists it once for the one you wanted and however many times google has hit it, making all the copies. This is why it ionly happens sometimes as google hasnt seen all the items.

These strings mean that Google Indexing Bot relists some items when crawling
website!

This happened because of not checking of user logged in or not when relisting items

I have now added the function where it needs to check if the user is logged in before it relists and it works fine now
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 03-31-08 10:08 AM last post previous post
Of course this check is already in the file relist.pm, make sure it has these lines:

&Read_Language_File($Global{Language_Sell_File});
&Check_Previous_User_Login;
&Read_Classes;

You may be removed the &Check_Previous_User_Login; since you are doing some coding or mods.

Google or any bot can not relist items using spidered links. If you mean in other location please post where you did the modification to fix.
Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print