New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
hoseeker hoseeker's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Search Engine Problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 03-22-15 11:23 PM next post first post
Why am I getting questions like this when I gave this user your instruction that didn't work for him or me? Previous Conversation Below and instructions below: A letter from a user of the HOdseeker Auction does he seem happy? when I enter in eachtext entry box the following: (in "with all the words"): D&RGW (in "with the exact phrase"): 2-bay [or "2-bay", same results obtained for either) (in "with at least one of the words"): Bowser OR MDC OR Roundhouse OR E&B (I also tried putting "E&B" in quotes with the other three manufacturers) (without the words - was left empty) and I selected Category: HO Scale Trains Region: United States Price range - tried both leaving empty and putting 1 in the first box and 20 in the second I left Type at Current Auctions Only, set Language to English, Left currency set to USD, Left location empty left Zip Code empty and tried both 25 results per page as well as 50 per page. I get NO results from all of the above, and I know from a long, tedious search of the auctions that there ARE Roundhouse 2-bay covered hoppers with D&RGW roadname among the current auctions. I think there's a bug here somewhere. And for what it's worth, I'm using a Firefox 5.x compatible (TenFourFox v. 5.0). I also did NOT have this problem with my searches on HO Seeker auctions with your previous auction software. Our Previous Conversation Hello Ahmed I just received the letter below from an Auction user and have no idea how to resolve his search engine issue. Is there a setting or something I need to change. The users comment Not wild about the search engine...Comments: Hi, Even when I list four or five words to NOT include in my search results (FMC 4427Airslide gondola container), I get - for example - FMC hoppers in my results. This, after clicking the search in title and description. Yet if I do a search forD&RGW in the desired text box, I get NO results, even though I know there areauction items with D&RGW markings *listed in the item title* - ??? Needs some fine-tuning, or instructions on how to circumvent the flaws in the searchengine... Your response Hello larry, tell him to read the search help which is search engines standard: http://www.mewsoft.com/auction/action=SearchHelp it is the help link besides the search button on your site thanks Ahmed A. E.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Search Engine Problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 03-23-15 04:36 PM last post previous post

The default advanced search box has the setting for the custom fields enabled about 4 fileds, you need to disable these

fields in the admin custom fields manager because the search engine filters results by these enabled custom fields.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print