Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Wednesday, April 24, 2024 05:12 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Security Code problems
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
upperbid upperbid's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Security Code problems Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 07-24-11 09:22 AM next post first post
Hi Ahmed,\ \ I have had at least a dozen complaints from different people trying to register over the last two months (which means there were probably many more) who say they keep typing in the security code and it simply does not take it. The problem is that when they refresh the page, its the same security code so the problem remains. Please advise on what I can do to resolve this problem and what is causing it.\ \ Thanks. Any help is appreciated.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Security Code problems Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 07-24-11 09:55 AM next post previous post

Yes security code will be the same for the same user session even if the user closed his browser to avoid retypying different code with every field error. As long as the user seems the image, the same code on the image is required, code generated from the letters on the image so there is no chance for mismatch in anyway. Some users with bad vision may see different letters for example  between "9" and "q" or "1" (one) and "l" "letter small L" and so on.

Remember also, you can clear all left security images from time to time by deleting all files in your /auctions/SecImg folder because some images will be left their if the user access the register or contact us pages and did not complete the operation and will stay there until someone on the same computer complete an operation.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

upperbid upperbid's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 07-24-11 05:01 PM next post previous post
Ahmed,\ \ This has also happened to me once and I am certain that the letters are being typed correctly in that case. In addition, I tried every possibility just in case, as have my users who have written to m. I actually had to open another browser to get it to work. Trust me, there is some type of problem here (there's been too many people complainng). I have been telling people to clear their cookie folder or use another browser and that seems to resolve the problem, but there is something going on that causes it sometimes not to work correctly. I'm sure you'll eventually hear about this problem from other users when they start to have a growing site. I think the solution would be to make it so it can change on each refresh like a lot of other sites do. Here are some of the emails I have received:\ \ Subject: registering\ Comments: \ You keep asking me to put the security code in and I do, from what I can see, and you keep telling me I need to put the correct security code in????? I put in what I see. You make it hard to register. Please advise.\ \ Subject: Security code\ Comments: \ I'm trying to register and regardless of how I type the security code I cannot get past this part...any suggestions?\ Jounda\ \ Subject: NOT ACCEPTING REGISTRATION CODE NUMBER\ Comments: \ I HAVE REGISTERED ON UPPERBID.COM BUT REGISTRATION CODE IS NOT BEING ACCEPTED. ?????????????WHAT THE PROBLEM IRVING\ \ Subject: cannot creare account\ Comments: \ i've tried several times to create an account but for some reason i can't. everything is written the way it's suppose to be, i've checked it 4 times and can't see the problem...can you help me/ thanks katie b.\ \ These are just some of them
serverhost serverhost's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

larger Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 08-29-11 07:53 AM next post previous post
I have no problem with the security code except the freaking little rectangle needs to be ENLARGED a bit for those of use that run 1600x1200 it's freaking tiny...\ \ So how can I ENLARGE the image so people can read it...
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 08-29-11 12:33 PM next post previous post
You can not enlarge the fonts. This is the largest font used by GD module, it is limitations of the GD module.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

serverhost serverhost's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 08-29-11 12:37 PM next post previous post
Ok, so at least I know GD is installed like the testserver.pl claims it is... but yet the photo uploads no worky...\ \ Still trying to figure that one out.. thanx for the reponse
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 08-29-11 12:42 PM last post previous post
There is as FAQ in our FAQ forum about installaing and testing the complete install of the GD module, download the test package and use it.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print