Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Friday, April 26, 2024 03:57 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Select category - Sell Item - Clears Form on Page Refresh
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
raider raider's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http://www.ebasyi.com PM

Select category - Sell Item - Clears Form on Page Refresh Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 02-08-10 09:56 AM next post first post

Hi Ahmed,

Started having an issue with the Select category option on the sell form - not sure what customisation I have done that has affected it - the problem is:

When you click select category the pop up window opens with the tree, you click on the appropriate category and the pop up window correctly displays the category name and number. When you click on "select" button the pop up window closes and above the category button on the sell form shows the selected category in blue, however the page then auto refreshes and reverts back to no category selected.

If you use the copy item or relist an item an do not touch the category select the listings are posted so the problem seems to be with the select category.

I have tried replacing sell.html previewitem.html and config.pm with the original files but still have the same issue.

Thanks

Developing a UK Auction Site :

Http://www.eBaSyi.com

mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Select category - Sell Item - Clears Form on Page Refresh Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 02-08-10 11:34 AM next post previous post
Restore these templates.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Re: Select category - Sell Item - Clears Form on Page Refresh Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 02-08-10 01:35 PM next post previous post

Hi,

I did replace them and then reconfigured some of the layout I want but have just now restored the default sell.html, previewitem.html and the sell.pm and the problem remains.

The strange thing is it was working as you can tell I managed to post 5 items using it as customised - i then moved onto the help section and had the problem with none of the [[help]] variables parsing - on the main help page(via top nav) they all parse > but from then only [[How_to_sell]] and [[How_to_bid]] work (browse the help section then select Buy It Now link > if you check source the urls are getting parsed but not the text part of links) in the left navigation area - the pages this left nav class have been put on all act the same except for the main help - but not sure how this problem could impact on sell item.

It was after this that i tried listing a 6th item and found I couldnt but I did manage to list an item using the "copy" listing feature from a current auction - is it worth restoring all the tree java script components or whatever is used in that pop up window? as it appears to be being caused by whatever makes the sell page refresh after selecting the category.

or just another thought could it be to do with whatever
Code: HTML    Select All    Expand All
<!--Error-->

is processed by? as it shouldnt even be checking the whole page at this stage

thanks

Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 02-08-10 02:04 PM next post previous post
Since you are unable to know what you messed, simply restore the templates, language files.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 02-08-10 02:53 PM next post previous post
hmm thats drastic action - which would mean the loss of 20+ hrs on the basic customisations so far, I could understand that being necessary if I had been playing with the scripts themselves, but everything I have done has been within the admin center.
this error has been reported before in the forums on previous versions and one of the fixes at that time was to do with sellcategoriesnode.html and another time with config.pm. can you just provide a list of every *.pm, java, html and cgi involved with sell item for me to replace /restore 1st ?

thanks.

Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 02-08-10 02:56 PM next post previous post

You need only to replace the language file for the sell template, the sell template, the selectcat* templates. In general remember to backup your site during your customization every few hours or so

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 02-10-10 07:01 PM last post previous post
Hi Ahmed,\

\ I found out what was causing the problem. I had put a search box in the Top Nav class and after some experimenting it appears none of the search box options can co-exist with the sell page - the actual problem it causes is something in sqlib query, possibly get confused with the two forms statements I suppose.

\ Thought it was worth mentioning in case anyone else suffers similar grief wink\

\ cheers.

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print