New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
nibb nibb's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Sell link doesnt work Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 01-13-09 10:51 PM next post first post
Hi, i use the same database for auction and forum.\ I did not notice this before but when i log in and then click on the Sell Link it just goest to the Account Overview. Instead to the categories sell page.\ Any tips?\ The sell link looks like this:\ /auction.cgi?action=Sell&Defaults=1&Cat_ID=0&Lang=English\ but whe you click it just goes again to the Account overview url:\ auction.cgi?action=Account_Manager_Login&Lang=English
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Sell link doesnt work Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 01-13-09 11:00 PM next post previous post

Here is how to enable the integration:

http://mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?action=ViewTopic&Topic=953&Forum=13&Page=1&Period=0a&Lang=English

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 01-14-09 01:58 AM next post previous post
Yes Integration is Ok, if you register a user you can log both into the auction system or forum. Thats ok. The register link I used is from the auction on both system. I think its a cookie or login issue because i discovered this.\ \ If you log into the auction system and click sell it just goes to Account overview as said on the previous post. \ \ But if you log into the forum and then click on the Sell link it goes correctly to the selling area.\ \ I use the same header for both forum and auction. (the auction links)
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 01-14-09 02:08 AM next post previous post
All products sets the cookies path to the server root "/" directory, this makes the cookies available for any program or script on your website.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 01-14-09 02:12 AM next post previous post
Yes but i use a Header, on the Header there is this class:\ Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now\ \ Since both Forum and Auction use the same command on the forum\ it displays the Login and Register link to the forum system. \ And on the auction the same but for the auction links.\ \ The forum links work after login when you click sell. The auction doesnt.\ \ How may i use just one link on both, for example i use the forum links on both it will solve the problem.
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 01-14-09 02:16 AM next post previous post
I dont know if it has to do, but if you are logged on 1 system and go to the other you are not show as logged. I could put static links on the forum for example but them i would not show the Welcome User
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 01-14-09 02:18 AM next post previous post
Both products must be on the same website of course. after that, all I know if you login from any of the 3 products you will be able to login to the 2 others.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 01-14-09 02:31 AM next post previous post
There are on the same website or domain.\ But the link to the forum is forum.cgi and the auction is auction.cgi\ So the class Welcomer Area shows diferents links on Welcome Visitor Login or Register
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 01-14-09 02:48 AM next post previous post
I think i changed maybe something on the auction system cookie.\ \ 1.If you log from Forum and click sell it works. If go to the auction system and shows you logged. If you them click on the account manager from the auction side you are not logged.\ \ 2.If you log from the auction side and click sell it doesnt work. If you go to the forum side you are not logged.\ \ Where are the (class) the cookies for logins so i can see it on the auction system?
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 9 Posted on: 01-14-09 09:48 PM next post previous post
\ \ \ \ \
\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
mewsoft's Wrote:
All products sets the cookies path to the server root "/" directory, this makes the cookies available for any program or script on your website.
\
\ \ Where is this, no doubt the problem is on the auction side login, since from the forum its ok. Where does the Welcome Username class read the data? Where is the cookie of file wich tells the system you are logged in?
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 10 Posted on: 01-14-09 10:08 PM last post previous post
SOLVED. I was sure it was a cookie problem.\ \ On my auction configuration my CGI url was set to http://domain.com/cgi-bin \ instead of http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin\ \ I remembered this because i had another forum on another site wich had a cookie problem like that. If you for url http://domain.com use it on all or the same for using http://www\ Its practically the same but for cookie it always gives trouble. I had all urls with http://www but the cgi one was without www\ \ Sell link works now from the auction system. If you go to the forum you are not logged that problem still remains but i guess its another issue the most important is that the Sell link works now from both.
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print