Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Friday, May 03, 2024 10:50 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > site name is set by the site_name language variable in the language file General.pm
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
tctech1 tctech1's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

site name is set by the site_name language variable in the language file General.pm Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 10-25-15 09:54 AM next post first post
Every time I edit the line 439 site_name all I get is the below Invalid Item The item you requested (403) is invalid or no longer in our database. Please check the number and try again. If this message persists, the item has expired and is no longer available. QUOTED TEXT The site name is set by the site_name language variable in the language file General.pm. Have you changed this language variable in admin->Language Manager, click Edit then select the file General and change that variabale: site_name which is set to SiteName thanks
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: site name is set by the site_name language variable in the language file General.pm Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 10-25-15 11:23 AM next post previous post

Some servers put a limit on the query size, the General language file is a little big around 30K, so your server is not

accepting the data, if you check it works fine with smaller language files. You can either contact your hosting to fix the limits

or resources limited to your site or use an FTP to download the language file and edit it locally on your PC then upload it

again to the server, please upload and download it in ASCII mode. Of course you can switch hosting if they keep these limits on your

site resources as the sell pages and many other pages will have data more than that many times.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: site name is set by the site_name language variable in the language file General.pm Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 10-25-15 12:53 PM next post previous post

I updated the language manager to paginate the language files, so you can

edit even these big files on this very limited server which I'd recommend you

to switch immediately,

Anyway, when you scroll down when editing the language file you will find pages numbers

and page size that you can limit the page size, I tried many sizes the only one started to work

is a maximum on 20 items per page, unreasonable and it will be a night mare editing language

files.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

tctech1 tctech1's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Ok now when I try to edit privacyPolicy Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 10-25-15 02:00 PM next post previous post
Ok now when I try to edit privacyPolicy instead of it saving it just goes back to the dash or the admin home page and does nothing from saving the editing I was able to edit the aboutus page ?? I also tried to edit the advertiser page same problem ???? I edited the general.pm and now I understand this the server it is on now will be getting moved this weekend as there seems to be some hdd concerns on it.
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 10-25-15 04:29 PM last post previous post

Yes you will not be able to edit pages with some big text because your hosting is limited the query size to very

small, the pages you modified and saved the data was in their limits but for the copyright it is big for them, what kind

of hosting you are using, I never seen this limit, did you tried to contact them and ask them for this? seems also they

are running very old apache version. can not you just switch to any new hosting company, they cost less than $4/month.

thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print