Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Saturday, April 20, 2024 09:51 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Starting Price Problems
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
upperbid upperbid's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Starting Price Problems Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 11-02-11 07:15 AM next post first post
Hi Ahmed,\ \ I finally was able to identify the problems related to auctions starting with no price for bids and how it was happening. There are two problem areas (I also just tested it on your demo too).\ \ 1) When a seller selects the fixed price option, he/she is then allowed to list the auction with no price at all in the price box (it can be completely empty), resulting in an auction with no starting price and no way for anybody to bid. This has happened numerous times on my site with total confusion on my part until the source of the problem was finally discovered.\ \ 2) On the normal starting price option, it allows you to list a zero bid in the following formats (0.00, .00, .0) and still post an auction.\ \ Can you please let me know how I can fix these two problems. Would appreciate it. Thanks.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Starting Price Problems Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 11-02-11 12:12 PM next post previous post
What's your problem exactlly?, yes zero price is allowed.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

response to start prices on regular and fixed auctions Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 11-02-11 10:52 PM next post previous post
Ahmed,\ \ I believe my descriptions were pretty clear. I guess I'll have to actually place it on your demo version to make it crystal clear what the problems are.\ \ The first problem is that somebody can start an auction with no price at all if they select the fixed price option. They can leave the price box EMPTY and hit submit and start an auction which results in an auction with no way for anybody to bid on that auction (not even a bid button). In other words, if the seller forgets to enter a price, then the system still lets it go through. Here is the link to this problem:\ \ http://www.mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?action=ViewItem&ID=1209268469&Cat_ID=49&Lang=English\ \ The second problem was that somebody can start an auction with .0, .00, 0.00 on either option, and you think that's okay? What would be the purpose of that on an auction site? Here is the link to this problem:\ \ http://www.mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?action=ViewItem&ID=1209268367&Lang=English\ \ These are problems that need to be fixed.
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 11-03-11 04:25 AM next post previous post

Will check and an update will be released if required.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Update only fixed problem number 2 Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 4 Posted on: 11-09-11 09:31 PM next post previous post
Hi Ahmed,\ \ Your recent update fixed problem number 2, but did not fix problem number one. Here is my listing from today without any price on your demo site:\ \ http://www.mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?action=ViewItem&ID=1209867512&Cat_ID=17&Lang=English\ \ Here is the problem that still exists:\ \ 1) When a seller selects the FIXED PRICE option, he/she is then allowed to list the auction with no price at all in the BUY IT NOW box (it can be completely empty), resulting in an auction with no starting price and no way for anybody to bid.
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 11-09-11 10:51 PM next post previous post

The only case for this happens if the user entered a prices less than 0.01, bevause all prices are formated to two decimals, so 0.001 will be formated as 0.00. Anyway, I limited the prices to minimum 0.01, so update the file PreviewItem.pm to get this.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 11-09-11 11:10 PM last post previous post

Make sure also the language variable missing_buy_price:

Code: HTML    Select All    Expand All
missing_buy_price~==~• <font color="blue">The buy price.</font><br>

exists in the Language file PreviewItem.pm. If not, add it.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print