New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
bgw bgw's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Re: "Time Left" is Flawed Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 02-25-11 05:17 PM next post first post
Ahmed,\ \ The "Time Left" feature within each listing is flawed. The system is pulling up the server time and using that as the countdown starting point rather than the actual time used when starting a listing. \ \ For example, my server and software time is set at GMT. Since I am in the Eastern Timezone, every time I post an auction for 3 days, it reads as 3 days + 4 hours. If I list something for an hour, it reads as 5 hours. \ \ The (!--XTime_Left--) code is using the server time to countdown instead of the actual listing time. However, I noticed the (!--Time_Left--) code uses the actual listing time. So they're not communicating with each other properly. The main page listings ( Featured Auctions, Newest Auctions) use the (!--Time_Left--) code (which is accurate), however the actual auctions themselves use the (!--XTime_Left--) code which is not accurate. I have auctions listed on the main page which read as "closed", then when you click on the listing, it still shows 4 hours left. This is a major oversight and needs to be fixed. \ \ I tried using the (!--Time_Left--) code in place of the (!--XTime_Left--) code, however that doesn't list the seconds, only the minutes and disappears when there is less than 1 minute remaining. So that will not work considering the final minute is usually the most critical time in auctions.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 1 Posted on: 02-25-11 06:52 PM next post previous post

Admin->Configuration, set the option:

Time Offset Based on GMT in Hours

To your time difference from the GMT which should be -5 or so.

Post the url to an item on your site if the problem persists.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

bgw bgw's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 02-25-11 07:41 PM next post previous post
\ \ \ \ \
\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
mewsoft's Wrote:

Admin->Configuration, set the option:

Time Offset Based on GMT in Hours

To your time difference from the GMT which should be -5 or so.

Post the url to an item on your site if the problem persists.

\
\ \ I already did that. It doesn't solve the problem. All it does is solve it for me in MY time zone, not anyone else's. Basically what I'm saying here is that the way the auction page timeclock calculates the time, is from the timezone that the system is set to. If you live in Japan, you are obviously going to be about 16 hours ahead of the Unites States. If I live in Japan and I post an auction for 3 days, the auction clock will read as Time Left: 3 days + 16 hours. \ \ The clock on the auction page is basing its time on the whatever time the system clock is set to. It's not calculating the time the same way the time clock on the main page is calculating it. Like I said, I would replace the TimeLeft code from the front page to the view page, but it doesn't calculate seconds, only minutes, so I cannot do that.\ \ Check it yourself and you will see exactly what I'm talking about. Set the system time to EST and post an auction for 3 days. I guarantee you it will read as Time Left: 3 days + * hours. \ \ Actually, I'm pretty shocked that no one else has mentioned this before. This is a major problem in the way auctions are listed. If I'm a seller and I want my auction to end in 3 days, I don't want it ending in 3 days + 4 hours.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 02-25-11 09:08 PM last post previous post

I rleased an update for that, see the updates forum. Most people work on their local time zone with their computers only and may not have any chance someone else on different time zone.

http://mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?action=ViewTopic&Topic=2430&Forum=6&Page=1&Period=0a&Lang=English

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print