Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, March 28, 2024 07:25 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Two questions still not answered
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
upperbid upperbid's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Two questions still not answered Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 05-30-11 05:39 AM next post first post
Hi Ahmed,\ \ I posted these questions about a week ago and I still have not got an answer. One of them has been deleted from your forum for some reason. These are legitimate questions and I would appreciate an answer to them.\ \ 1) Where do I go (which script) to remove the "delete all" buttons for auctions and auction users in the admin section?\ \ 2) How do I modify your scripts to disable the automated email confirmation for each time a listing is listed or relisted? This is generating hundreds of emails a day which I would like to get rid of.\ \ Thanks. Please answer.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Two questions still not answered Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 05-30-11 06:19 AM next post previous post
Any code changes not supported. You need to go on your own and search the files but you will loose these changes with every update and you have to redo it again. try to spend time on site development not useless issues.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

useless issues Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 07-01-11 04:50 AM next post previous post
What you call useless issues just caused me major problems with the host you recommended since they shut down my site because it sent out more than 200 emails in an hour. It has been a major headache and hostgator gave me no warning, no courtesy notice, etc. Now, I'll ask again and hopefully will not get a response about how useless it is, how do I remove the code to eliminate these unncessary listing and relisting notifications?
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 07-01-11 03:19 PM next post previous post

Any hosting company has their own policy in sending bulk emails, most of them limiting this and some disableing it. Unless you are sending SPAM, you will not be shut down from any hosting. You are the only one saying this, are you saying you are getting more than 200 users registrations per hour???. Just avoid bulk emails in general on any hosting to keep your site online always and to avoid your domain being added to spam list sites and email filters.

As a final note, search the scripts for lines that starts with :

&Email(....

These are the sending emails lines if you want to disable any, but you must know what you are doing.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

answer to your question Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 4 Posted on: 07-01-11 03:59 PM next post previous post
Hi Ahmed,\ \ The type of emails are the listing and relisting emails, not registrations. It is very easy to send out over 200 emails when you start getting sellers. And hostgator has a policy that you cannot send out over 200 emails in an hour or they will shut down your site with no courtesy notice, no warning, and you will have to assure them it will not happen again before they turn it back on. Please don't question my statements with "it's only you saying it" I do not lie, play games, or waste time. I have been running websites for over eight years (including the major rewards program cashmap in 1999 to 2001), and if I am asking for info on how to do something it is related to problem prevention or site enhancement and is never useless. I forsaw this type of problem coming and was trying to prevent it. Anyhow, I found the proper code with some help and was as simple as placing # in front of the code. I wish I was a programmer, but I'm not.
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 07-01-11 04:57 PM next post previous post

Of course when you go large or if your budget allows we can add any feature for you as a custom work as you might knew. Just remember to do this when you update these files again for any reason.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

brainzz1 brainzz1's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

how do i change the item edited message Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 6 Posted on: 09-20-11 10:14 PM next post previous post
hello ahmed,how do i change the item edited message,it isnt in proper english and needs to be changed. i deleted the variable and created a new one with the correct english,but when i save the changes,they dont take on the site. i changed this in the edit section of the language manager. does it say it somewhere else too?
Member Offline

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 09-20-11 10:32 PM last post previous post

Please do not post your questions as REPLY to other topics using Post New Reply link. You must start it as a new topic using Post New Topic link at the bottom of the forums pages.

Now to your question, you need to edit the variables only, you do not need to delete it then create it again. Any text you want to change, you can search for it using the language manager search feature if you can not find it .

For the edited item message, try to edit the file language EditItem, maybe the variable item_edited_message.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print