Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, March 28, 2024 11:24 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Website cannot display in Finnish
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
huutotalo huutotalo's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Website cannot display in Finnish Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 08-05-11 02:15 AM next post first post
I have problem of display of my site in Finnish. I follow the instructions in FAQ on this forum. I did not get solution. I deleted the auction.sql and recreated the sql table, still the problem did disappear. So re-instated the same auction.sql I deleted. I asked a php programmer friend for help. He told me that seems to be a problem with cgi program but he cannot help because he does not know PERL. Mr. Ahmed, please help. or I can order 1 hr customization. Is this ok? see the site: www.huutotalo.com
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Website cannot display in Finnish Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 08-05-11 03:43 PM next post previous post

Please do not post here and email the same questions, your email:

I changed the database collation from latin1_sweden_ci to 
utf8_unicode_ci. Then I replace the strange characters by right 
Finnish letters. It seems to be working. Still I will buy 1 hour of 
customization just for you to inspect if the system is optimized. I 
will inform you later.

This is something to do with your hosting company, contact them to add apache or whatever server support to your server, next add the right code page headers to your header class.

I remember your website was already displaying your codepage for a long time as I also can see now your message in other language which I guess your's:

E-huuto

** Tällä hetkellä sivuostomme ei ole käytettävissä ylläpidon takia **

Sivustomme ei ole väliaikaisesti käytettävissä ylläpitotoimentpitaiden vuoksi. Niiden tarkoituksena on tehdä parannuksia järjestelmään, esimerkiksi tehdä muutoksia ohjelmistoon uusien ominaisuuksien lisäämiseksi. Pyrimme tekemään parannukset järjestelmään niin nopeasti ja turvallisesti, kuin mahdollista.

Terveisin,
Huutotalo ylläpito

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

huutotalo huutotalo's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 08-11-11 10:06 AM next post previous post
The access lock message in Finnish shown above has been corrected. Before all "ä" and "ö" were represented by "?". All Finnish characters have become "?" (question mark). This means I have to go in each file to chandge "?" to "ä" or "ö".\ \ I have a text copy of the Finnish language file on my desktop. It is fine no problem. But when I upload to the system, using ASCII transfer time, all the "ä's" and "ö's" become "?".\ \ Admin of Hostgator said that there is a problem with reading UTF-8 data from CGI. Admin recommends that my script should have the below code:\ \ \ require Encode;\ require CGI;\ my $query = CGI ->new;\ my $form_input = {}; \ foreach my $name ( $query ->param ) {\ my @val = $query ->param( $name );\ foreach ( @val ) {\ $_ = Encode::decode_utf8( $_ );\ }\ $name = Encode::decode_utf8( $name );\ if ( scalar @val == 1 ) { \ $form_input ->{$name} = $val[0];\ } else { \ $form_input ->{$name} = @val; # save value as an array ref\ }\ }\ "\ \ \ He also provide the below link:\ http://ahinea.com/en/tech/perl-unicode-struggle.html\ \ I have the below code in the header of my html file:\ \ \ < html lang="fi" >
\ < head >
\ < meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=UTF-8"/ >

\
\ \ So Mewsoft, please confirm and help.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 08-11-11 01:12 PM last post previous post

Forget what they said because it is not correct, you cannot make your website output in utf-8. You need the correct headers for your own language as I said above and you need your server to support your language code page, if they refuse and your trials failed, you have to switch to another hosting but you need to ask them before you signup with them that they add server support to your language codepage, it is just a simple line that they add in apache configuration file.

The second thing that you will need to use in your header is your codepage not utf8:

charset=your windows codepage

To get the correct header, get Frontpage if you donot have, create a new page in your language, frontpage will create the correct header with codepage, you can use it then in your header class.

Rememer also that your browser must have the codepage and your Windows system must have the language support files installed.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print