Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Saturday, April 20, 2024 07:41 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Website speed
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
phsauctions phsauctions's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Website speed Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 07-31-15 10:13 PM next post first post
I have a customer that has complained that our website is extremely slow. It take forever to load pages. He said all other websites are working fine and speedy. When I check here it is working really fast. Is there anything you could think of on his end the would really slow down our website when it is working fine in other places?
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Website speed Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 08-01-15 05:14 AM next post previous post

Hello,

Since this is a single user issue and it is speed related, it is for sure something in his internet connection, the track among his computer

and your website, you can ask him to do track trace to see where his connection is slow, it is in his ISP path,

on DOS, the windows trace track command is tracert like that:

c:\>tracert yourdomain.com

this will show him his connection path and its speeds.

If he is still using modems or slow DSL which are just few KBytes speed, then sure he will suffer slow down for the homepage

and the view items pages since these pages contains thumbnails images or may be video.

I see your site speed is normal for a shared hosted website. If you want faster many times, you will need

to get a dedicated server with good hardware then the most important part is tuning the MySql server and Apache server for its most power,

servers hardware  now is huge up to many processors and over hunders of GB RAM and you could even build a cluster one for mysql only and one for web only.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

phsauctions phsauctions's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

dedicated server Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 08-01-15 09:14 AM next post previous post
I saw Hostgator offers dedicated servers is that something really difficult to move the current set up to?
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Website speed Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 08-01-15 12:22 PM last post previous post

We can do the full safe move for $150 as a custom work, if you want this service, please just order:

3 Hour Custom Programming or Customization $150 Order

But do not change the nameservers until we finish the transfer or you will be unable to reach the old site with the url.

Please remember my above reply, I said the dedicated server hardware and also tuning the server software the MySQl server

which is the most important part with the as much RAM as you can get with the server hardware, for MySQL server tuning you can hire

Hostgator to tune it for its maximum speed accoding to the RAM you will get with the hardware, try to ask them for this service.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print