Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Friday, April 26, 2024 05:28 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > White screen after submitting item for bid
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
nycpilot nycpilot's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

White screen after submitting item for bid Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 11-30-13 11:33 PM next post first post
Ahmed, A strange thing is happening. After a user submits a bid, the background color of the frontpage transforms into a white background. If I load the browser to the homepage address all is well again. If I just reload the page to the current address, the background stays a white color. Any ideas as to why this is happening?
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: White screen after submitting item for bid Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 12-01-13 02:04 AM next post previous post

after the user submit a bid, the user sees a bid confirmation page not the frontpage, so check the

bidding templates, also check the General template which is used to display all the messages after

any action normally, you can restore these templates by copying from our demo and pasting to your admin

direct in the template editor.

thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Re: White screen after submitting item for bid Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 12-01-13 04:52 AM next post previous post
It happens after the user confirms the bid and everything is completed concerning the bid. The user is then brought back to the front page/home page. And this is where the background is white. The menu items are exactly how they should be, but the background is white. And if you type in the browser to go to the home page, the background loads normally.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 12-01-13 07:51 AM next post previous post

after the user places a bid he does not go to the frontpage. Anyway, check from another computer or browser

it may be something with your computer/browser cashing. Other than that and the templates as I said above

nothing else.

thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 12-01-13 09:06 AM next post previous post
Ahmed, Well, I have tried on several different computers. And your right it's not right after a listing is submitted. But after the listing is made, the user is presented with a listing number and the choice of listing again, etc. etc. And on this page is the top and bottom navs (the grey bar with the green undeline). If the user selects "home", then the frontpage appears like normal, except with a white background. Is this a different template than frontpage.html? If I reload the page, it still has a white background. But if I delete the "http://www.X.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi" to read just www.X.com, then the normal home/frontpage appears with the normal background. I am a bit stumped about this one.
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 12-01-13 10:41 AM last post previous post
Ahmed, I discovered that the white background appears whenever I select the "home selection on wither the top or bottom nav bars.
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print