Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, May 02, 2024 05:36 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > X's showing up instead of pics in featured homepage section
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
Anonymous Anonymous's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

X's showing up instead of pics in featured homepage section Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 05-24-08 08:17 PM next post first post
Hi. I am seeing random X's instead of pictures every 9 out of 10 homepage featured items on the homepage.

I have checked the code & it all looks correct.

I have noticed this on other peoples sites as well.

Any suggestions??

I tried to delete the original ad & put another ad with the same picture & still see the X.

Thanks,
Kit
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Re: X's showing up instead of pics in featured homepage section Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 05-24-08 09:19 PM next post previous post
edited
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: X's showing up instead of pics in featured homepage section Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 05-26-08 04:32 AM next post previous post
This issue I think discussed a lot here, try to submit an item with .gif image and see if it display normal on the homepage, if it is displayed then your gif2png executable file is working fine.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Romahawk Romahawk's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 05-26-08 08:41 AM next post previous post
I don't know if it is just a coincidence or not but when I try to upload a picture with a long file name like ( B.J. Surhoff - opps 1990 - Card #696 ) I get a box with a red x but if i delete that file on the listing page and shorten the file name to ( B.J. Surhoff -2 ) it will upload fine. I now get a picture instead of a box with a red x....

In my case at least the red x is caused by the file name on my hard drive being to long. Once I shorten it the picture uploads OK...
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 05-26-08 08:57 AM next post previous post
Sorry it was not the length of the file name it looks like it was the # sign in my titles.

I have my site set for safe html..... Once I removed the # sign then the title length wasn't a problem...
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 05-26-08 09:09 AM next post previous post
Thanks Romahawk smile

I will try shortening my pics titles..........I will also find a way to let my auction site sellers know this too.

Thanks again,
Kit big grin
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 05-26-08 07:03 PM last post previous post
NO NO, it looks like I was wrong about the length of the title causing the file to upload as a red X.....

It was the Pound sign (#) doing it to my uploads. If I had the Pound sign in the title of my sports card it would not upload the file properly and I believe it may be because I have my system set to Safe HTML rather than All HTML
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print