Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Tuesday, April 16, 2024 09:56 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Auctionawy 9.1 New submit category selections system.-question
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
gropy1 gropy1's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Auctionawy 9.1 New submit category selections system.-question Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 03-16-09 08:51 AM next post first post
hi there\ \ I wonder how do i get the new system since u didnt write how\ \ \ Thanks
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Auctionawy 9.1 New submit category selections system.-question Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 03-16-09 08:58 AM next post previous post
We said it is for test on our demo now and waiting your feedback before the release, it will be released upon some feedback opinions and test from you all.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

gropy1 gropy1's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Re: Auctionawy 9.1 New submit category selections system.-question Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 03-16-09 10:23 AM next post previous post
Great way\ \ works great.
romahawk romahawk's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 03-16-09 05:38 PM next post previous post
I'm sort of old fashioned and set in my ways. I like the item listing page the way it is. :-)
jonesmarc jonesmarc's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 03-16-09 07:44 PM next post previous post
im with romahawk.
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 03-17-09 09:52 AM next post previous post
Please check the better new category selection for the sell item page, it does all you asked that will satisfy all of you.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 03-17-09 06:58 PM next post previous post
I have checked it, I have posted items with it and I personaly do not care for it. \ \ Will I be able to continue to use the current listitem and have it work with future updates or not. If future updates beyond this one will only work with the new list item then I guess I will have probably made my last upgrade and will have to work with what I now have.
Member Offline

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 03-18-09 12:31 AM next post previous post
Yes it is not compatible, the new system is much better, you maynot accepting at the begining, the idea in the new system is, the sell page load faster since it does not grab the categories, the users has the ability to browse all categories in nice and easy way like using windows explorer on his local drive, the no need to reload the page many times.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

maverick maverick's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http:// Send private message

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 03-18-09 07:03 AM next post previous post
i agree with Ahmed it's much much better, thanks. \ \ 1. it should be applied to ad type and location selection to keep uniformity. so further speed increase.\ \ 2. most of the people simply turns off pop-ups and not much people know white listing a web site. this can be a real issue. maybe it should open in a new full window.\ \ with the same javascript logic but with a different display: instead of tree we use select lists.\ \ first select list box is pre-filled with main categories as in tree concept. when user clicks on a category next select list with that category's sub category list is shown. this goes like that. even better way is giving us option of selecting between these two.
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 9 Posted on: 03-18-09 08:11 AM next post previous post
\ \ \ \ \
 \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
maverick's Wrote:
first select list box is pre-filled with main categories as in tree concept. when user clicks on a category next select list with that category's sub category list is shown. this goes like that. even better way is giving us option of selecting between these two.
\
\ \ \ \ Maybe I'm missing something but isn't that what we already have? On the listing page we select the main category which then opens the sub-cats. The new way seems sort of backwards to me plus it makes the user deal with an extra page. I see no advantage but I'm only one person. :-)
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 10 Posted on: 03-18-09 08:18 AM next post previous post
OK just checked the new list item page and I see some changes have been made to what I saw originaly. It looks more like the original listing page with the drop down menu that is now there. \ \ \ Guess I'll set back and see how this developes. I tend to babble a lot when I'm trhrowing a tantrum..........
Member Offline

Reply #: 11 Posted on: 03-18-09 10:43 AM next post previous post
romahawk, You will be able to still the old system if you just did not update the file sell.pm and we will say this at that time. As for the advantage with the new system, first it starts the same as the old, the user can browse to the auction site until he rechs the category the click sell and this category will be selected on the sell page, the advantage is the user has very easy system to navigate the categories specially for sites with 10,000 categories and more, the sell page does not reload with each category selection, the user will know if he selected a cetgory that does not accept categories, it is a Javascript code file so it it is cashed by the browser and the category page load faster.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

poldy poldy's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 12 Posted on: 03-19-09 02:14 AM next post previous post
I really like the new system.\ \ I tested it with IE 6 and Fierfox 1.06\ \ There arte 2 small issues.\ \ 1 when double clicking a category on the list it should have the same action as the button. (sell page) and not category browse\ \ 2 Maybe categories can be color coded like blue can list and\ red cennot list.\ \ When will it be avaialble for download ?\ \ Poldy
Member Offline

Reply #: 13 Posted on: 03-19-09 05:41 AM next post previous post

The new category selection system updated with your suggestions. Double click will select the category and close the window. The Not Accept category displayed with different colors (css style). Try now.

The release will be in a couple of days once all your feedback is honored.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 14 Posted on: 03-19-09 06:24 AM next post previous post
Hi Ahmed,\ \ I caught you in the middle of the work.\ \ It really looks good now.\ \ Please have the vesion ready for download. I want to try RTL formatting on it.\ \ Thanks \ \ Poldy
Member Offline

Reply #: 15 Posted on: 03-19-09 10:20 AM next post previous post

Great Poldy you reminded me the right to left. I added a RTL images theme and also added auto detect which will detect automatically which direction and switch the proper theme.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

When ? Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 16 Posted on: 03-21-09 02:37 AM next post previous post
It really looks good now. When will we be able to download it.\ \ One more suggestion :\ Maybe for power users you could add on the sell page:\ If you know you category number enter it here ________\ \ poldy
jonesmarc jonesmarc's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 17 Posted on: 03-21-09 10:44 AM next post previous post
i like this better now then before. i still have mixed thoughts about though, it might cause confusion among users then agian maybe not. testing will prove whether it does or doesn't.\ \ there are a couple of things i would like to see done to the listing. one is on the picture upload which i will get to in a min and the other is to allow the user pick more then one category to list their item in without having to go through the process agian. \ \ if we the administration can allow the user to pick more than one category while filling out the initial form we should also be able to give that user a small discount for the second listing. (ie: if the user lists that item in 2 categories then the third category listing is free providing it was listed at the same time.)\ \ on the picture upload i have caught myself doing this is finding the picture on my harddrive and then just skipping to the next step without actually uploading it to the server.\ \ it needs some kind of a prompt alerting the user that they have selected a picture but have not uploaded it to the server yet.
aldofasano aldofasano's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 18 Posted on: 03-22-09 12:30 PM last post previous post
in the new language it not work !!
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print