Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Saturday, April 20, 2024 09:17 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > CLASS question
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
sabachi sabachi's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http:// Send private message

CLASS question Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 03-19-09 08:46 PM next post first post
I seem to be confused about some issues related to the classes. Could you please help me on the following 3 problems:\ \ 1) There are some classes that seem to be doing nothing. Such as Zone1, Body, and even I beleive Date_Time. What are the function of these and which file they are in?\ \ 2) There are some other classes such as; Document, Image, Description, ... and many more that I dont' seem to have access to for modification. They are not available by Template or Class editor, and I cant find their definition inside any files. Could you tell me where we can find the for modification?\ \ 3) Are things like <(exclamation mark)--calssname--> standard html? I don't seem to be able to find it in any html documentation. If not what are they and do they just define the class?\ \ Regards,
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: CLASS question Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 03-20-09 01:15 AM next post previous post

See some docs here:

http://www.mewsoft.com/help/auction/Customization.html

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 03-20-09 06:07 PM next post previous post
Thank you very much for your reply. I went to the Help site thet you pointed out and it seems that it only addresses my question #3, and I understand that. But could you kindly address my questions #1 and #2 above?\ \ Thanking you in advance,
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 03-21-09 02:19 AM next post previous post

In your admin ->class editor, you will see General classes and Special classes in the drop down menu. General classes you can insert on any template and they 'll work like the Top_Navigation  etc, special clases are private classes, means they belong only to the template they exist, they do not work in other templates, for example the Document, Image, Description class in the view item, they will display the item data so they can not be used on any other template.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 03-21-09 05:52 PM next post previous post
Thanks again. However my main question is that; I cannot find these classes. I need to modify them slightly. Could you please tell me where they are. For example where is Class "Image" or "Document", etc... In general where can I find these special classes to modify? I do not see them in Template Editor's list or in Class Editor's list.\ \ Regards,
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 03-22-09 01:09 AM next post previous post
This is explained in the docs, we said some classes are the output of the program, this is build by the program itself.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 03-22-09 01:12 PM next post previous post
Does that mean if for instance I want to modify the class "Image", I have to do it at the perl level? If so could you kindly shed some light on this? like which programs should be changed, etc? Whatever information that helps me in a practical way will be appreciated.\ \ Regards,
Member Offline

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 03-22-09 10:26 PM next post previous post
You do not need to edit anything in the code, the output of the program is build using everything in your language manager, classes, templates. anything you want to customize, you go to these 3 places, of course plus all settings in the admin.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 03-23-09 12:28 AM next post previous post
I believe I do understand that. However still I cannot find, for instance, the class "Image" anywhere. I looked in template editor and Class editor without any lock. I also looked in almost any suspected language pm file and I don't seem to find it. For this one class could you please tell me where I find it. Is it in template editor, is it in Class editor, and if not, which language pm file contains it?\ \ Best Wishes,
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 9 Posted on: 04-06-09 12:40 PM next post previous post
Hello mewsoft:\ \ The above must be a very trivial question (sorry about that), but for me is a sticky point at this time!!!!\ \ Please help.\ \ Thank you in advance,
Member Offline

Reply #: 10 Posted on: 04-06-09 10:50 PM next post previous post
As I said before, classes are replaced by the program output and the program output is composed of the templates, classes, language variables etc. so the class Image you are talking about is replaced by the item images and the item images has some language variables that you can customize. You may need to know there is a difference between < !--CLASS:XXXXX-- > and a direct plugin like < !--Image-- > , the class is general class that you can find in your class editor, while the plugins are private to the template it is located.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 11 Posted on: 04-07-09 03:11 PM next post previous post
Thank you very much for your response. However what I am looking for right now is a practical way of modifying this image item that you are talking about, which I think places the large image on the listing page. Could you please tell me specifically and briefly what I should do? Please not in a ageneral manner about many other things, but just about this one item.\ \ Best,
Member Offline

Reply #: 12 Posted on: 04-08-09 11:24 AM last post previous post
This question has been recently answered here, you can not modify the size of uploaded image, you can set the size for thumbnails, users have to display his images with the size they need.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print