Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Tuesday, April 16, 2024 07:52 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Creating a link to Classifiedawy and Boardawy in Auctionawy
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
mnpolock mnpolock's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Creating a link to Classifiedawy and Boardawy in Auctionawy Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 05-06-09 08:45 AM next post first post
This seems like it should be easy... in the Classes::Top Nav I am adding just another menu item, I created another General Class ... but for the life of me cannot figure out how I would set up the link so that it will work.\ \ What is the magic key so that I can have menu items with the Top Nav that will allow my users to go to classifieds or Boards on the top menu?\ \ Is it not a Custom General Class? DO I have to create a new header file that is just links ... a little direction if you don't mind ...
Registered Member
Member Offline

Re: Creating a link to Classifiedawy and Boardawy in Auctionawy Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 05-06-09 09:19 AM next post previous post
If anyone else is looking to do this here is the solution.\ \ #1 you have to insert a | right after the closing of the size to get the next vertical bar looks like this
Code: HTML    Select All    Expand All
*size="2">|</font></td>

. So you have to add that for whatever the last menu option is. Then copy that line and paste it twice in my case (one for each of the other two products).\ \ For simplicity sake I just named then Auctions, Classifieds, Forums as the CLASS::Auctions ... you will need to remove the "> at the end of the statment as we will add that in the class we need to create... here is an example of a WORKING link\ \
 <td align="center" class="navlnk" nowrap><a href="<!--CLASS::Forums-->Forums</a><font color="#58876F" size="2">|</font></td> 

\ \ Then you need to create a new class that is named the same as the name you selected. In this case it would be Forums ... then simply past the code like this and save it\ \
 ../forum/forum.cgi"> 

\ \ That changes the directory back to the CGI dir and calls the right area to take you right to the application you were looking to call. \ \ I spent 4 hours figuring this out and hopefully it will make for a 5 minute fix for anyone else that is looking.\ \ KEYWORDS:\ \ Link Auctionawy or Classifiedawy or Boardawy to each other in the using the TOP Naviagation class creating new class for linking sites together how to link
Registered Member
Member Offline

Re: Creating a link to Classifiedawy and Boardawy in Auctionawy Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 05-12-09 08:42 AM next post previous post
Okay... if anyone plans on using an index file the solution I provided will not work. But this method will ... I am providing code snips that go along with what I already posted so that you can see the minor changes to the info about ... you still have to do everything above ... just change the way it looks to this.\ \ For the Top Nav edits you will need to make it look like this:\ \ In CLASS EDITOR in the file TOP NAVIGATION you will need to add this line if you have not already, it adds the menu item, you will also need to add this character | in the last menu item in the same location as all the rest of the items so that you get the menu seperator.\ \
 <td align="center" class="navlnk" nowrap> <!--CLASS::Auctions--> <font color="#FF9900" size="2">|</font></td> 

\ \ The Create a new General Class... I called it Auctions .. and you paste this code into that NEW class you just created:\ \
 <a href="http://www.yourdomainname.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi">Auctions</a> 

\ \ Now the link will work no matter what you do ... and you can now also insert ANY external links that you would like to. This was a problem for me and so I figured I would post it for the rest of the users to benefit from.\ \ Thanks, MNpolock ~ Tony
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 05-12-09 08:51 AM next post previous post

I do not know why this should not be easy, all you need to do is insert the direct links like any other links, in your top nav classes insert the links to the other products in the form:

</p><p>&lt;a href=&quot;http:://domain.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classified.cgi&quot;&gt;Classifieds&lt;/a&gt;</p><p>

That's all you need to do.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 05-12-09 09:05 AM last post previous post
Your way will add a link ... but I wanted it to work with the current menus... and the way I have it set up it works like a champ. But thanks for the reply
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print