New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
downes downes's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http:// Send private message

Security Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 12-13-08 03:42 PM next post first post
I logged into "My Account" with my personal password and wants to cancel a posted item, after activating the link it comes following notice \ \ You are currently logged in as (User Name). To login as a different user, please sign out, and login again. \ \ This sounds like an open recognicion that anybody else could have the possibility to log into an account and just look around without beign the account owner. FANTASTIC !!!!!!
wannauseit wannauseit's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Re: Security Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 12-13-08 04:39 PM next post previous post
I'm not sure I understand the problem here.\ \ Are you saying that you are able to login to someone else's account (Not yours) without using their password?
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 12-13-08 05:19 PM next post previous post
No, I am saying that I am logged in my own account.\ Thereafter I just want to cancel a posted item and press the correspondet link. The appears a system notice that says.\ \ "You are currently logged in as (My own User Name). To login as a different user, please sign out, and login again. "\ \ This indicates that it would exist the possibility that somebody else can be hanging around in my account, otherwisse the message makes no sence.
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 12-13-08 05:29 PM next post previous post
My system doesn't work this way, so I cannot re-create what you are talking about. \ \ Can you post a screenshot?\ \ Can anyone with an account on the Demo site re-create this error?
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 12-13-08 05:38 PM next post previous post
Here the exact text pasted \ \ End Auction Now \ \ Top offer \ Item ID:1118075016 \ \ \ Current Bid: 53.00 US Dollar \ Bid increment: 1.00 US Dollar \ Quantity: 3 (Available: 2, Sold: 1) \ Time left: 6 days+ \ Started: Monday, June 06, 2005 05:23 PM \ Ends: Monday, June 13, 2005 05:23 PM \ Current Time: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 03:42 PM \ First bid: 23.00 US Dollar \ # of bids: 13 \ Location: \ Country: \ \ \ You are currently logged in as trade. To login as a different user, please sign out, and login again. \ Are you sure you want to end your auction now? \ \ I do not know if you can reproduce this at the demo Site\ just try.
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 12-13-08 05:44 PM last post previous post
That is a generic message that you can remove from that template if you wish. That message is there "just in case" you wanted to change accounts. Possibly a person has more than one account on the site and made a mistake and was going to accidently delete an item they meant not to. The message you are asking to be removed gives you the chance to change to the appropriate account.\ \ That same text is on the View Item page and in a few other pages on the site.\ \ Open up the template for that appropiate page and take that variable out of the page.
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print