New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
jim.bowerman@inlandvault.com jim.bowerman@inlandvault.com's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http:// Send private message

SQL Error Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 10-31-14 12:28 PM next post first post

When I was first setting up these products, I was not able to create the database tables correctly through the configuration link on the admin panel. I reported the problem and alternate instructions were provided to me. These instructions allowed me to get the Classifieds and Auction software installed, but failed on the Forums.

I have the site configured to use all of these products from a single, shared, database. On trying to register a new user for the Classifieds software, the form takes the info, the confirmation E-mail is sent, but when I click on the link in the E-mail I get the following error displayed from the website:

SQL Error: Table 'russell_mewsoft.Forum_Users_Info' doesn't exist

From the table name being specified, I am assuming the error is occurring because the Forums software was not installed and so the Forums tables do not exist. I did a database check and the rest of the tables are there.

Unfortunately, since the last E-mail I received with the alternate instructions, I have upgraded my OS and during the process I lost my old E-mail so I no longer have those instructions to refer back to. I tried creating the Forums table through the admin panel again and here are the errors that I receive:

When I first bring up the Admin panel I get this:

SQL Error: Table 'russell_mewsoft.ForumConfig' doesn't exist Query: SELECT * FROM ForumConfig Line 257, File /home/russell/public_html/bank-surplus.com/boardawy/cgi-bin//Configuration.pm. Package: main, File: /home/russell/public_html/bank-surplus.com/boardawy/cgi-bin//Configuration.pm, Line: 257

And when I go to the Setup Wizard and click on the Create SQL Tables I get this:

Forbidden You don't have permission to access /boardawy/cgi-bin/admin.cgi on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.bank-surplus.com Port 80

This is the same error that I was getting on the Classified and Auction software prior to using the alternate method. Obviously, I have access to that file or I could not get into the admin panel in the first place.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

The website is: http://www.bank-surplus.com

mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: SQL Error Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 10-31-14 12:37 PM next post previous post

For the error :

SQL Error: Table 'russell_mewsoft.Forum_Users_Info' doesn't exist

This is because you enabledthe forums plugin in your classified or auction in admin->configuration befor

finishing the installation and configuration of the forums. You need to finish the installation of all the

integrated products.

For the error when you try to creat the sql tables, this is due to the hosting seems blocking any script with

the text sql in the url, the work around is edit the url in your browser to be:

http://yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/boardawy/cgi-bin/admin.cgi?action=Tables

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 11-01-14 12:38 AM next post previous post

I tried the command that you listed and it returned this error:

SQL Error: Table 'russell_mewsoft.ForumConfig' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT * FROM ForumConfig
Line 257, File /home/russell/public_html/bank-surplus.com/boardawy/cgi-bin//Configuration.pm.

Package: main, File: /home/russell/public_html/bank-surplus.com/boardawy/cgi-bin//Configuration.pm, Line: 257

Would there be any other way to create these tables? By the way, my hosting company is Hostgator.

Thanks.

Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 11-01-14 12:24 PM next post previous post

You have not done what |I said, login to your forum admin:

http://bank-surplus.com/boardawy/cgi-bin/admin.cgi

then enter this url in your browser:

http://bank-surplus.com/boardawy/cgi-bin/admin.cgi?action=Tables

This will create the forums tables

I can see your classifieds runing here:

http://bank-surplus.com/classified/cgi-bin/classified.cgi

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 11-01-14 02:24 PM next post previous post

I'm sorry to disagree, but that is what I did. When I login to the admin panel I get the error message:

SQL Error: Table 'russell_mewsoft.ForumConfig' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT * FROM ForumConfig
Line 257, File /home/russell/public_html/bank-surplus.com/boardawy/cgi-bin//Configuration.pm.

Package: main, File: /home/russell/public_html/bank-surplus.com/boardawy/cgi-bin//Configuration.pm, Line: 257

From there, I enter the command you supplied, the screen refreshes, and I get the above error message again.
This was the same error I was getting when I was trying to install the Classifieds and the Auction software. The
command you are asking me to enter, or a variation of it as I no longer have the E-mail to reference, allowed the
tables to be created for the Classified and Auction software. However, it does not seem to work for the Forums.

The Classified software will run, until someone tries to register for it. When they follow the link from the confirmation
E-mail they get the error message stating that one of the Forum tables does not exist. I assume this is because, since
I am using a shared database, any user that signs up will be registered for all of the products. This is how I want it to
work, so if I could get the Forum tables set up I think I would be good.

Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks.
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 11-01-14 06:53 PM next post previous post

This means your installation not correct somehow. from your links seems yu are using separate

cgi-bin for each product, you can try installing each product with separate database and once you are sure

your installation is correct you can enable the integration. yu should better use only one cgi-bin for the whole

domain so your products links be like this:

yourdomain/cgi-bin/auction/admin.cgi

yourdomain/cgi-bin/classified/admin.cgi

yourdomain/cgi-bin/forum/admin.cgi

etc.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 11-02-14 01:14 PM next post previous post

So do you recommend reinstalling all three products to use a common CGI-BIN directory? Or can I simply
create the directories and copy the CGI files from their current locations, then update the path through the
ADMIN panels?

Also, as I installed all three (3) products using your web install service, would you recommend that I re-install
the Forums manually? Or should I re-install from the web service?

Thanks.

Member Offline

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 11-02-14 07:29 PM next post previous post

Install all product under one cgi-bin folder, normally every website uses single cgi-bin, and install each product

under different subfolder, for example, cgi-bin/auction , cgi-bin/classified, cgi-bin/forum , use our installer it

will set correct permissions and create correct folders, then use same database for all products, start with installing the auction,

then classifieds, then last the forums.

Of course if yur budget allows and want to start immediately and avoid all headache, you can just use

our installation services:

Auctionawy+Classifiedawy Installation Service $75 Order

and we will install the forums also for free and you can start immediately.

Thank you

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 11-05-14 12:16 PM last post previous post

I changed the directory structure as you suggested, and set up all of my directories to match the default structure
listed in the admin panel, and everything seems to be working now.

Thank you for all the help.

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print