New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
kcallana kcallana's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Time and Bidder Problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 09-14-12 02:35 PM next post first post
I have one bidder that placed a maximum bid on an item of $8.00, even thought te bid increment and minimum bid was $3.00, another bidder placed a bid of $8.00 on the same item and the initial bidder got an email stating he had been outbid, but it shows on the site as him being the winning bidder and if i look at the database it has the second bidder as the winning bidder? Also when i look at the Auction_Bids table in excell the time column is all numbers that don't make sense, can i change the Time filed TYPE to time or timestamp in phpmyadmin and it will now but the time in the excel file?
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Time and Bidder Problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 09-14-12 02:53 PM next post previous post

What is that item url on your site? Your site http://www.auction.kc-graphics.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?Lang=English 

have only test items with one bid on them.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

i transferred that license to another site Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 09-15-12 04:03 AM next post previous post

http://www.plymouthrotaryauction.com and the item is http://www.plymouthrotaryauction.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?action=ViewItem&ID=1235182950&Cat_ID=66&Lang=English

i have the site set up with all products sold by 1 seller, the auction turns into a live auction on Friday and we close the site auction. I need to run a report on Friday with all the winning bids with the maximum so we can continue to bid on the items for the online users up to their maximum.

Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 09-16-12 09:30 PM next post previous post

All item details you removed like the bids, bid history, start date, etc, So no way to confirm what you said.

Anyway you may be confused about the proxy bidding system, you can turn it off in your admin.

Since you have a live website, I recommend you to BACKUP your entire website at least DAILY, yu can do

this with one click from your website control panel (not the auction admin0, for cPanel, you will find a

link called "Backup" in your cpanel, the same for Plesk control panel users.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

item details Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 4 Posted on: 09-18-12 05:44 AM next post previous post
i did not remove any info and I have backed up daily. i can see the bidding info in the database. also is there any way to cancel the bidding on all items but leave them there to view?
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 09-18-12 03:48 PM last post previous post

Why you are looking into the database tables in excel orginally, you should not go with any low level tools

as this only should be for your use as a end user should be concerned about customization and layout, this is

what you realy need to do. There is no bugs here anyway in the bidding system, try to submit another items.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print