Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Saturday, April 27, 2024 01:55 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Watermark error when uploading GD::Image
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
mnpolock mnpolock's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Watermark error when uploading GD::Image Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 04-07-09 10:58 AM next post first post
When I try to upload an image for the auction I receive this error\ \ Can't locate object method "newFromGif" via package "GD::Image" at /xxx/xxx/xxx/cgi-bin/auction/SellLib.pm line 741.\ \ Any suggestions ... I looked and did not see any info on this posted... I found another site that said GD doesn't support gif and you have to switch to PNG?\ \ Does this apply ... is it as simple as changing the line of code from GIF to PNG.\ Thanks,\ \ Tony
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Watermark error when uploading GD::Image Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 04-08-09 10:52 AM next post previous post

Ask your hosting copany toinstall the latest gdlib and GD modules, it does supports gif images since the start of the 2005 year after the patent expired. Also we have a test script on our download site and also have docs on how to install it here:

http://mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?action=ViewTopic&Topic=455&Forum=6&Page=1&Period=0a&Lang=English

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

mnpolock mnpolock's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 04-12-09 08:43 PM next post previous post
If my hosting company is not willing to upgrade GD is there a way to modify the code so that it will work with my version (2.07) according to the test script\ \ GD Module Version 2.07. Required 2.19 at least
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 04-13-09 02:22 AM last post previous post
Earlier versions does not support the GIF files, so they will be useless. If they refuse then you have to switch to another hosting company.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print