Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, March 28, 2024 08:12 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Classifiedawy > Update Categories Count still not working
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
Focusman01 Focusman01's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Update Categories Count still not working Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 09-04-10 04:10 PM next post first post
Hello

When clicking on Update Categories Count it stops half way through process, then go url page:

only to display:
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Please try the following:
Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

Before updating 12-16-04 and 12-20-04 it worked.

How can this be corrected?

Thanks
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Update Categories Count still not working Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 09-04-10 04:25 PM next post previous post
You should update all the *.cgi files and *.pm files.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Re: Update Categories Count still not working Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 09-05-10 04:18 AM next post previous post

You should update all the *.cgi files and *.pm files.

I did as instructed, updated all *.cgi files and *.pm files within cgi-bin/classified and all *.pm files within cgi-bin/classified/data.

Now the only thing accessable is the admin panel, which is all messed up.
broken images all, database info missing, Program Configuration, reseted itself to beginning as if this is the first time for admin configuration setup.

The only thing with my website name is CGI Directory: and CGI Directory URL:

Everything else has MewSoft or c:/apache/htdocs/classifieds in it, which is all incorrect. :shock:

When typing main classified home page, this is returned:

SQL Error
SQL Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
Query:
DBI:mysql:database=classifieds;host=localhost;port=3306.

When updating all *.cgi files and *.pm files are you suppose to reconfigure admim from scratch, without loosing endusers?

If correcting directory names and paths, cause loss of data on endusers?

Please let me know, what is going on with my classifiedawy.

Thank you.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 09-05-10 04:31 AM next post previous post
The cgi file is only the files under the cgi-bin/classified directory, NO cgi files exists under the data, it is clear from the director name "data" that it is data, however updating these files only reset the admin configuration but does not reset your customization so it is easy to plugin the admin->configuration settings.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 09-05-10 01:29 PM next post previous post

The cgi file is only the files under the cgi-bin/classified directory, NO cgi files exists under the data, it is clear from the director name "data" that it is data, however updating these files only reset the admin configuration but does not reset your customization so it is easy to plugin the admin->configuration settings.

Hello.

I did plugin the admin->configuration settings that part is okay now, thanks.

I did state above, I did as instructed, updated all *.cgi files and *.pm files within cgi-bin/classified and all *.pm files within cgi-bin/classified/data.

Now that everything is updated, the situation persist, where as the fucntions below just won't work:

General Categories>>update categories count

Ads Manager>>Process Expired Ads

System Statistics>>Update System Statistics

Ads Manager>>bottom of page save changes link

When clicking on these links, they get started and then freeze half way through or go url page, The page cannot be displayed.

I tried MewSoft demo site, the above happens within 5 seconds sucessfully, no problems.

From enduser side, Site Statistics, its saying no ads, 0 Total Ads
0 Current Ads
, even though you can see the ads count and featured ads displayed to the right of Site Statistics.
From admin side, I have the original six ads showing not expired yet.
Showing 1 - 6 of 6.

Seem like, since updating the files something is preventing code from executing properly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 09-07-10 09:36 AM last post previous post

Hello.

I did plugin the admin->configuration settings that part is okay now, thanks.

I did state above, I did as instructed, updated all *.cgi files and *.pm files within cgi-bin/classified and all *.pm files within cgi-bin/classified/data.

Now that everything is updated, the situation persist, where as the fucntions below just won't work:

General Categories>>update categories count

Ads Manager>>Process Expired Ads

System Statistics>>Update System Statistics

Ads Manager>>bottom of page save changes link

When clicking on these links, they get started and then freeze half way through or go url page, The page cannot be displayed.

I tried MewSoft demo site, the above happens within 5 seconds sucessfully, no problems.

From enduser side, Site Statistics, its saying no ads, 0 Total Ads
0 Current Ads
, even though you can see the ads count and featured ads displayed to the right of Site Statistics.
From admin side, I have the original six ads showing not expired yet.
Showing 1 - 6 of 6.

Seem like, since updating the files something is preventing code from executing properly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I have not yet re-install entire system completely from scratch frown . Perhaps I did do something wrong or even maybe some code was shifted around when updating. It all started here: http://www.mewsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=484

MewSoft will you look at my system to see what may be the problem for future references with next update of classifiedawy? Just want to know system can be updated or repaired successfully without loosing present or future dissatisfy endusers?

Please let me know and ftp info will be e-mailed to you.

Thank you
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print